MOT Mileage wrong

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Doea anybody know if you can get the mileage recorded at a previous MOT changed?

A guy I work with has just bought an E60 M5. It was previously registered in the south but was brought up North last year by the previous owner.

He has been checking through the documents and the last MOT certificate is in the folder and has a mileage recorded as 150k and the car only has circa 90k I think.

Done a bit of digging and if you switch the units in the iDrive settings menu to km the miles change on the odometer and are adding up correctly as to what the MOT is saying.

So the car when MOT’d last year has had the miles set in KM rather than miles.

He is now worried if a check is done the car will come up as clocked.

Took a few photos of the procedure on my M3 to illustrate

F0301901-1EA0-44CF-94E9-81303BF95A8E.jpeg

73D35266-96BF-4400-8A03-DC34526DC12B.jpeg

393BF754-AE88-4882-AA1B-7592CBCD2212.jpeg

D624651D-8594-4BBC-9C17-4E93D249AD7A.jpeg

Cro

RMS Regular
You can get them to change it yeah. Don’t know if or how you prove it to them you aren’t being a chancer but I know it’s been done before

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
You can get them to change it yeah. Don’t know if or how you prove it to them you aren’t being a chancer but I know it’s been done before

Cheers he has service records from BMW Dublin about 4 weeks before the MOT in the North and the miles was recorded in KM so hopefully thats proof enough.

design1

RMS Regular
I no you couldnt change it before as i no if clocks was changed etc mot couldnt do anything as a friends clocks broke he got a set with 15.000 less mot wouldnt put original miles on it so he hada get a guy to put original miles back on it..try an see thow

dddrrift

RMS Regular
my x5 is the same, has to be tested in the uk under the Vin initially before a v5 is issued. he will prob find that there isnt a record on an HPI for that mot with the km recorded as it was done against the ‘vin’ and not its uk registration.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
So an update on this, he phoned the DVA. They say nothing can be done.

genman

G
so they have an employee that created a false document and failed to carryout an accurate test... way to go government body.. living up to expectations created by other departments

Rallyfreaks

RMS Regular
Drives
Golfs
So an update on this, he phoned the DVA. They say nothing can be done.
He could just mark in 'KM' on the document himself and also write in the equivalent miles. That way would tally up with the correct service history. Also as said above if the car was mot'd as park of the NI registration process (change over from RoI reg) the record should not be held against the new reg that the car gets issued.

neil-c

RMS Regular
So I just had the van put through MOT on Tuesday and noticed today the muppet recorded the mileage as 86446 instead of 66446.

Do I just have to suck it up that the mileage will always be wrong and show as clocked in a HPI when selling??

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
So I just had the van put through MOT on Tuesday and noticed today the muppet recorded the mileage as 86446 instead of 66446.

Do I just have to suck it up that the mileage will always be wrong and show as clocked in a HPI when selling??

You have 14 days to dispute it

neil-c

RMS Regular
Took it down to the test center at Craigavon and the manager Keith issued me an updated certificate. 👍 All very simple thankfully!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.