My 1st attempt at a boot build

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RS Darren

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Heres my first attempt at a boot build.

(This is what took up most of my Christmas)

I didn’t really have a clue about what I was doing, what I needed, what sounded best, but I have learnt alot about it now!

It’s a bit of a mixture of brands as it is made up of bits and pieces that I have picked up over the last wile.

I know it’s not perfect (and if I had of known what I know now, I would of went about it differently) but it sounds well for what it is! :cool:

(All designed built and covered by myself) :grinning:

2f3b93d6.jpg

0860e935.jpg

dbf9b0cf.jpg

875da67b.jpg

59e9c62e.jpg

5755e963.jpg

Few changes:

P2180007.jpg

P2180010.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
very good for first attempt - alot of extra wieght tho

tbh i wouldnt have bothered with the 6x9s - you will lose alot of sound quality with that sub beating up against them - it will knock the 6x9s out of sink

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Boydie said:
very good for first attempt - alot of extra wieght tho
Boydie said:

tbh i wouldnt have bothered with the 6x9s - you will lose alot of sound quality with that sub beating up against them - it will knock the 6x9s out of sink

mmm I know! This is one of the things I learnt with my trial and error! Can’t really change now and the 6x9's cost £130 so I don’t want to just disconnect them.

They add some "music" into the back along with the bass and distortion isn’t too noticeable! Well I can’t hear it anyhow! :p :p

I’m not sure if I have it set up correctly, i.e. amplifier gain and settings on HU.

If any1 wants 2 have a wee go at playing about with it at the French car photoshoot tomorrow they are more than welcome :p

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
what components do u have up front?

that would sort out all the "music" you'd need

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Boydie said:
what components do u have up front?

They are only sony 3 1/2" coaxials in the dash.

But have just found out that there is a wiring loom in my door for speakers so all i have to do is cut a hole in the doorcard so ill maby invest in some bigger ones when i get the ££ gathered togeter again.

daves106

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo ST220
looks really well at least if those 6x9's are in right if you have to have them

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
MK1 clio said:
They are only sony 3 1/2" coaxials in the dash.

But have just found out that there is a wiring loom in my door for speakers so all i have to do is cut a hole in the doorcard so ill maby invest in some bigger ones when i get the ££ gathered togeter again.

sell the 6x9s and buy components :laughing:

buy 2 wee amps and set them inside the boxes you have for the 6x9s

Lee

RMS Regular
that looks class mate! like the layout. is the carpet for boot builds special stuff, or can it be got from a refurnisher? this may be a FAQ, and i don't mean to hack into your thread.

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Boydie said:

mmm anyone out there want to swap a set of kicker 6x9's for a nice set of components and 2 wee amps to run them??? :party: :party: :party:

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
leebo said:
that looks class mate! like the layout. is the carpet for boot builds special stuff, or can it be got from a refurnisher? this may be a FAQ, and i don't mean to hack into your thread.

stuff i got was for boots from motorsport and spares. but i dont think it has any special properties apart from it being hard wearing :confounded:

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
looks pretty damn fine for a first effort, most have holes here there and everywhere but evetrythin seems to line up, as said the 6x9's do little for the looks for me, and i'd imagine not much for the sound quality and deffo upgrading ur fronts will b the best move u ever made, u can get quite meaty sets into the doors of the mk2, mate had huuuuuge comps in the card on his williams, think they were made by kicker an cost him over 600quid, was ragin they didnt sound as well as my diamonds :p

damn gd start

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yup, you have to be commended for attempting it yourself- and its not a bad effort at all.

I'll echo the previous comments regarding the 6*9's however.

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Lyons said:
I'll echo the previous comments regarding the 6*9's however.

yea this was 1 of my lessons i learnt while makin it. needless to say they wont be going in my next build!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
looks well.. ya even have room in there for the shoppin. lol

civic 03

RMS Member
very gud 4 bein ur first attempt

got new components myself the other day...well worth the ££. make a huge difference

Martyn

RMS Regular
I have a nice wee set of diamond M3 components for sale.... size - 6 1/2"

PM me if you are interested... they wont break the bank...

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Boydie said:

im lliking this idea! think i will go for it when i get the ££ gathered up.

Any suggestions for 2 small amps? wouldnt mind going for toxic (if they have any decent ones) as the big amp for the sub is toxic. and also suggestions for the components up front, bigger the better! I would have whatever money i could get for the 6x9's + about £150.

cheers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.