My 1st attempt at a boot build

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Will probably be getting a little screen up front shortly! So the games console would be a good idea! Xbox 360 would be the ticket but is quite expensive! PS2 would probably do the job, but it’s a case of wether the wireless controller would have a big enough range! And if the av cable would reach?

If not then it’s going to have to be some sort of lit up item that I can’t decide on yet! :worried:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
No need to worry about the AV cables being long enough, as ya can buy longer leads from some companies, and even a wee power inverter designed specificall for the PS2...

@Kris - Found out about the awkward HU location when i went to help a mate with his motorised unit.. was a pure cunnt, but got there in the end lol

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
It's a little project that my dad and myself are working on ;)

We are in the process of making it road legal. Should be fun when finished! :grinning:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Good luck with the SVA test.. it can be a real cunnt for something like that.. :confounded:

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Damn Fine Clio said:
Good luck with the SVA test.. it can be a real cunnt for something like that.. :confounded:

Tell me about it! Thers so many specifications its unbelievable!
Think we are planning in getting it as ready as possible and have everything changed that we think would be necessary, then put it through and see what it fails for (more than likely some little stupid thing!) and the fix that! lol :p

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
yeah, right down to the wing mirriors being a certain size (they use a template to ensure the correct area of visibility ffs) and the likes of the tyres having to have 'E' marks on them.. handy if ya know someone with the VISTA book :laughing: (book of regulations/specs)

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
aye friend of my dad has the book. some stuff in it! the biggest problem we have had so far is getting the headlights to the required height! the speedo will be a problem aswel! but it should all be worth it when finished!

baron

RMS Regular
MK1 clio said:
P.S. The only thing I can think of is the feature made of the autoglym kit. Which looked really well! But I don’t really want to copy him! :p Id like something like that but a bit different! :confounded: If ya no what I mean!

08.jpg

Some thing like this lol ;) copy away, you could put a small amp in one side like you said and even a power cap in the other side, or crossovers for the front components something like what i done in the fiesta below

08.jpg
03.jpg

Steven

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing exciting
that is a damn fine effort for a 1st attempt. My 1st ended up bein a 12" sub in a box with the amp screwed 2 the back of it lol, was quite a while ago now!!

As for idea's, i mite have a ps2 with all the connections u'll need plus two 5" screens to go along with it. They're in the car i just bought but i'm prob gonna change all that.

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
def a good first attempt - remember u bringin it down to show us - lookin sweet!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.