Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
I'll hopefully see you down there next year then.

At the minute we will be sticking with the 282s but I'll keep you in mint if we need more stopping power but I can't see it we only have 170hp.

I'm actually aiming for the February Trackskills day.

Not a problem. I may end up flogging the callipers on. I need to keep the garage cleared out.

I hope my own stick the track work ok (Brembo Discs and DS2500's). Though I do have a few things to finish off there.

hippyross

RMS Regular

Not a problem. I may end up flogging the callipers on. I need to keep the garage cleared out.

I hope my own stick the track work ok (Brembo Discs and DS2500's). Though I do have a few things to finish off there.

Us too so plenty of time I hope lol

We have the same pads but not sure the discs will be any good but we will see I'll run air ducts to them.

If those calipers are a bad price we may take them :p

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
LOL I'll say that, then Christmas will hold things up and then it will suddenly be February :eek:.

I've yet to run ducts, but its on my list, just can't decide on how best to do it.

Feel free to PM over a generous offer, noting I did clean them last night :p.

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
Awesome bit of work so far @Neil_M
Great attention to detail as always. I'm strongly considering going down a more track day / fun car route myself next year. Car shows really don't do it for me anymore... It would be nice to get something to enjoy rather than polish. lol

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Awesome bit of work so far @Neil_M
Great attention to detail as always. I'm strongly considering going down a more track day / fun car route myself next year. Car shows really don't do it for me anymore... It would be nice to get something to enjoy rather than polish. lol

Cheers Wayne.

You have until February :p.

A 106 Rallye would be perfect for track duties ;).

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
Cheers Wayne.

You have until February :p.

A 106 Rallye would be perfect for track duties ;).

I had thought about it, but with just 50k miles on the clock, best not... lol That's my pension fund right there. :p (y)

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Us too so plenty of time I hope lol

We have the same pads but not sure the discs will be any good but we will see I'll run air ducts to them.

If those calipers are a bad price we may take them :p

Have a set which came off my own civic here as well:p

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3

Any discs I've used around kirky have never lasted, always warped after one trackday but brembo discs are probably your safest bet until you upgrade.

You'll want to get as much weight from these cars as possible Neil, kirkistown certainly rewards a car which can carry speed through the corners.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Any discs I've used around kirky have never lasted, always warped after one trackday but brembo discs are probably your safest bet until you upgrade.

You'll want to get as much weight from these cars as possible Neil, kirkistown certainly rewards a car which can carry speed through the corners.

Cheers for the pointers batman.

I certainly carry plenty of speed through the first corner at least... I'll be the fireworks for everyone on the grass lol!

Hopefully the Brembo discs hold out as you say. It's the first stage of brake upgrades..

From there I can decide on how deep I'll go with a calliper upgrade and larger disc upgrade. I was reading your comments on the Clio Cup callipers, those are a big potential... Like wise with suspension, I have plenty of plans, but being quite restrained with it too.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Cheers for the pointers batman.

I certainly carry plenty of speed through the first corner at least... I'll be the fireworks for everyone on the grass lol!

Hopefully the Brembo discs hold out as you say. It's the first stage of brake upgrades..

From there I can decide on how deep I'll go with a calliper upgrade and larger disc upgrade. I was reading your comments on the Clio Cup callipers, those are a big potential... Like wise with suspension, I have plenty of plans, but being quite restrained with it too.

DC5 4 pot brembos bolt straight on to these with a S2000 disc. Discs are still 300mm x 25mm though so not much improvement overall but definitely a better caliper than the single piston standard ones.

Do it right and get a nice set of AP's. :p

Last edited:

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
I've a set of ds3000 pads here I'll let go cheap,one half a trackday at kirkstown

Ta for the offer, any future upgrades would be totally changing the setup :grinning:.

DC5 4 pot brembos bolt straight on to these with a S2000 disc. Discs are still 300mm x 25mm though so not much improvement overall but definitely a better caliper than the single piston standard ones.

Do it right and get a nice of AP's. :p

I'd ideally want a bigger disc too. Really the mono-block brembos from the Clio cup are catching my eye, they are coming with a 328 or 330mm disc from memory.

The DC5 callipers have way too much scene tax so for an older setup, it's not really floating my boat, nor is it a big enough upgrade IMO of course.

AP do indeed do a nice setup too, they are second choice. Especially when it's a well proven kit.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Great attention to detail, good to find a decent one these days i think! As you said, there is a lot of shiit out there!

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Great attention to detail, good to find a decent one these days i think! As you said, there is a lot of shiit out there!

Cheers dude. Absolutely there is lots of shoite out there.

Most wern't even worth looking at.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Ta for the offer, any future upgrades would be totally changing the setup :grinning:.

I'd ideally want a bigger disc too. Really the mono-block brembos from the Clio cup are catching my eye, they are coming with a 328 or 330mm disc from memory.

The DC5 callipers have way too much scene tax so for an older setup, it's not really floating my boat, nor is it a big enough upgrade IMO of course.

AP do indeed do a nice setup too, they are second choice. Especially when it's a well proven kit.

My Clio setup runs 324x30 discs, even then I warped the standard brembo discs lol I have race discs in now and there the ticket!

Dc5 calipers need a 20mm spacer on oem rims, reason I sold mine in the first place plus they were bulky compared to the Clio setup

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
My Clio setup runs 324x30 discs, even then I warped the standard brembo discs lol I have race discs in now and there the ticket!

Dc5 calipers need a 20mm spacer on oem rims, reason I sold mine in the first place plus they were bulky compared to the Clio setup

LOL I doubt I'll be at that stage yet. Well I hope not.

It must be the 324 discs I'm thinking of my bad!

It's those or the AP setup.

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
When I was running my built dc2 track car around kirkstown I was running the accord type r twin pots,mtec grooved race discs and ds3000 pads and had zero fade, the ds2500 where ok but they didn't like the 15 minute sessions lol another thing you'll have to look into is brake fluid, I was running the rbf600 and managed to cook it but if your not chasing times it will be fine. You'll need an oil cooler,baffled sump and I'd recommend a alloy rad with 2x12" fans, haven't read all your thread maybe you have some of this but the baffled sump is a must if your running slicks

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
When I was running my built dc2 track car around kirkstown I was running the accord type r twin pots,mtec grooved race discs and ds3000 pads and had zero fade, the ds2500 where ok but they didn't like the 15 minute sessions lol another thing you'll have to look into is brake fluid, I was running the rbf600 and managed to cook it but if your not chasing times it will be fine. You'll need an oil cooler,baffled sump and I'd recommend a alloy rad with 2x12" fans, haven't read all your thread maybe you have some of this but the baffled sump is a must if your running slicks

Cheers for the tips batman, very much appreciated. It's pretty standard at the moment.

I ordered a Clockwise Motion Sump Baffle roughly a week ago :grinning:.

I will probably run AD08R's to start with and go from there for the first few sessions.

I'll build up to things gradually. :grinning:

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Just be careful with the clockwise baffles on the itr-dc5.com forum some fellas including myself had bother with them not fitting right and not letting the dipstick down correctly, it could have been sorted but I decided to go weld in as I had that on my dc2 so decided to do same this time around. When it comes to sealing the sump again I'd only use oem Honda, I used a motor factors good brand sealant and still leaked... 225's?

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5

Would you mind telling me what is required for your clio setup? Much difference over standard?

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Just be careful with the clockwise baffles on the itr-dc5.com forum some fellas including myself had bother with them not fitting right and not letting the dipstick down correctly, it could have been sorted but I decided to go weld in as I had that on my dc2 so decided to do same this time around. When it comes to sealing the sump again I'd only use oem Honda, I used a motor factors good brand sealant and still leaked... 225's?

Cheers batman, I haven't heard any negative comments on the clockwise baffles at all. I'll see what I can find.

Would you mind telling me what is required for your clio setup? Much difference over standard?

Clip cup callipers, the adapter and a 350z front disc with a hub spigot. Projekt-k or something is the name :grinning: of the guy if you google it.