My 535d LCI

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I'll maybe make a thread about it once I get a few paint work issues sorted. There's a small bit of lacquer peel around a parking sensor and there's a small dent on the rear arch. Then it needs a good detail. Looking a set of spiders for it. But apparently they're discontinued. Don't fancy buying second hand reps either, and genuines will be like hens teeth

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
I'll maybe make a thread about it once I get a few paint work issues sorted. There's a small bit of lacquer peel around a parking sensor and there's a small dent on the rear arch. Then it needs a good detail. Looking a set of spiders for it. But apparently they're discontinued. Don't fancy buying second hand reps either, and genuines will be like hens teeth

Think they're the best wheel for them, not just saying that because that's what's on mine... Sure you'll get a set but no doubt needed refurbed or welded, but cheap fix for a great wheel. My rears are 275's... Pricey when needing tyres!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Are the lci cars more reliable ? Or what's the major differences @ossy2004

Gearbox's are meant to be reliable compare to the pre.

The filter housing for the turbo's have been supposely redesigned to stop needing changed to stop turbo failure but it's good practice to change them anyways.

Most commonly the small turbo goes as far as my research shows, my small turbo still failed with only 60k but I replaced it with a brand new one, not a refurb. Thought something this fresh and low miled deserves a new one to do it right (y)

Cheaper tax too, only £225 a year, my brothers pre lci 525 is the same price if not more expensive.

More power and better on fuel, according to the stats online

Big difference in price too... But they are some car to be fair, would be hard to get something to match or better it!

Last edited:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Before
image.jpeg

After
image.png

Before
image.jpeg

After
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's the centre finished and I must say it looks alot better than I imagined!!!

I'm 95% happy with the wrapping (being very fussy) but it's my first time and I think I done alright :grinning:

Next is the doors...once I figure out how to get the trim off!

I redone one piece that I done last night because pattern was wrong direction but it's nice to know that it's effortless to remove also and bring back to stock if or when I would need too.

What you guys think??

Joe

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Much better in carbon ... and thats coming from a guy whos had his fair share of walnut trim (Walnut Aficionado) lol

Lovely 5 series ... !!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Cheers @ChrisL (y)

It sure does freshen it up, the walnut is classy but I'm not 50, something I always wanted to change. Takes minutes to remove so not the end of the world if I ever change my mind.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
image.jpeg
The brother has been torturing me for a long time about wanting the 535... And after he sold his non lci 525d he twisted my arm to sell him my car :worried:

I've had it 2 years which is long for me but I'm sorry I agreed to this, seeing it in his drive way really made me regret selling but hey time for a change (y)

Shining and ready for collection this day last week

Least I can still drive it when I want (y)