My '96 E36 M3 Evo Saloon

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Hi Folks,

I've recently joined the site and as of Saturday (6th July) I am now the proud owner of a 1996 M3 Evo Saloon, with 76,000 miles.

This is a second car to me and the aim is to get the car better than new.

Mechanically the car seems spot on, minimal rust (which surprised me). Its really been babied and garaged all its life.

From reading through the car's history, it has a full dealership service history, until 10,000 miles ago. I have since discovered it was owned from new (for 6 years) by my brothers, ex girlfriends father (small world).

Some pics...

DSC08704_cen.jpg

DSC08716_cen.jpg

DSC08738_cen.jpg

DSC08741_cen.jpg

Thanks,
Neil

PS I have justed noticed the Estoril Blue coupe thread :worried:. Well at least mine as more doors :p

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Thanks Lee, to be honest I didn't realise how rare they were when I bought it.

Plenty to do to get it looking like new :grinning:.

I haven't had loads of time, so its been in the garage, this week should be much quieter, time to get stuck in!

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
I love this!

Thank you sir! Busting to get driving it more.

Initial notes are the throttle response, it just goes. Steering very heavy at low speeds. Brakes have plenty of power. A lovely raw noise too.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Cheers Graham. Don't forget the reputed stiffer back ends on the saloon cars as its solid behind the seats, its all about handling ;)
i did hear that many years ago when about £1500 would buy you a rough saloon lol

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
i did hear that many years ago when about £1500 would buy you a rough saloon lol

LOL great value for money cars. The rough ones are still going about. So many haven't been looked after. This one stood out as it really needs nothing done, im just a bit anal / a perfectionist about cars.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
That is lovely looking! I still can't believe how understated the saloon M3's are.

Cheers batman. I agree, I actually really appreciate its un-interrupted lines from the boot lid to the bonnet (sound like an old fart)...

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ahhh, that is excellent!! I'd love a low mileage 4 door. VERY jealous :worried:.

Welcome along.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just saw your profile- you have an A5 2.0T too?! Scumbag :worried:.

Any photos of it?

Aidan316i

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34 525i Spo
Very nice fella!

Get yourself onto NI-BMW.co.uk too when you get a chance ;)

Poor johnb740 is going to have a sh*tfit when he see's another M3 saloon on here lol

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
That is lovely, the saloons very rare, looks it good shape too.

My Evo has a little bit of Uganda on it now then lol.

Thanks batman, most appreciated.

Most do as I'm sure you know. Get rid of the Uganda on it before it gets worse :grinning:. Then it seems to be a case of cutting out arches etc.