My Airbrushed Engine Cover

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
mark_206 said:
Out of curiousity. And cos it gives me an idea

How much was it?
How long did it take?
Can she airbrush on any surface after preping?
Can there be any problems with heat of the engine?

£130 - £100 for airbrush £30 for laquer
took longer than expected cos she got an injury i think but should take up to a week+half/2weeks
she does anythin from rocker covers to whole cars to airplanes :laughing:
no heat probs at all!

thanks guys

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Bryan said:
Lot of money to spend on something that'll never be seen but it's a good job. I take it you're planning to make the rest of the engine look as good from the rest of your posts above?

Looks well.

i just thot the bay looked boring and like anyother clios so thot mite as well change

once car is done i hope to put it in shows or wotever i dunno mite just keep it to myself

as far the rest of the engine there are a few things aesthically id liked to do but always open to ideas :laughing:

oh yeah mark 206 its persealant paint i get the colour for u sum time as im not sure

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
looks really really cool...............but just on the wrong type of car :worried:

looks great work though!

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
looks class lad - think mr venom should get some pics up off his new interior!!!

vza

the manga would have suited a jap car better,but its a fine piece of work,definitely a change to the bay :grinning: money well spent

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
that looks well. Was actually planning on a lot of colour coordinating in my engine bay...to match the new strut brace.
Did you just take the cover off and send it to her?

Whats going on with the battery area?? Wires are dangling about everywhere. Is that the way Renault send them out of the factory??

Also....can you get me a job where ever you work...as you seem to get paid more than me-and your a student!!!

Ruth

RMS Regular
does look brilliantly done but a bit strange on a derv clio! not my taste but fair play lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
andy_gdon said:
that looks well. Was actually planning on a lot of colour coordinating in my engine bay...to match the new strut brace.
Did you just take the cover off and send it to her?

yes :laughing:

andy_gdon said:
Whats going on with the battery area?? Wires are dangling about everywhere. Is that the way Renault send them out of the factory??

thats the fault of mr.anglegrinder - we cudnt get the ecu cover off so opted for the easy option - done by a professional :p :roll:

andy_gdon said:
Also....can you get me a job where ever you work...as you seem to get paid more than me-and your a student!!

my jobs top secret :p ;)

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
VEN©M said:
Boydie said:
lots and lots of money gone into the airbrushing

not my thing tho

i thought airbrushing wasn't your thing!!?

LMAO total typo - wot i meant was airbrushing of the likes on the 4x4 - thot it was way OTT

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.