My day out today @ Crail [NOW WITH VIDS!]

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Well I decided to head up to Crail today for the first day of the season and what a day it turned out to be 8) Weather was superb for February (barely warrented a coat lol) and the track was bone dry. Put in 6 times myself, rather pleased with the Focus considering the few things done to her. Some other beautiful cars on display, namely a mental Vtec mini, absolutely amazing R34 Skyline, numerous bikes/supras/other skylines/scoobies/pulsars and all in between.

Here's the Focus in action:

(Please forgive the crazy mofo doing commentary, especially where he calls the bravo a punto :lol: oh and if bad language is likely to cause you any offence, do NOT download)

Focus v Civic VTi (6.96mb)
Focus v Bravo 1.8 16v (2.37mb)
Focus v Ibiza Cupra Sport 2.0 8v (1.66mb)

Anyway here's my times and a selection of pics from the day :grinning:

Race 1 - 16.764 - Lost to a VTi Civic by about 2-3 lengths
Race 2 - 16.522 - Beat a stripped out metro with a K-Series 1400 16v (bout 1 length)
Race 3 - 16.512 - Just about beat the same metro on a rematch, though much closer..
Race 4 - 16.757 - Beat a 1.8 16v Bravo HLX by about 5+ lengths
Race 5 - 16.603 - Beat a lime green mk2 Ibiza Cupra Sport 2.0 8v by bout 1-2 lengths
Race 6 - 16.975 (Crap start) - Beat a 1.5 LSi Civic Coupe by about 4 lengths

All in all I had loads of fun and will be back at some point.

And now for some pics....

bigvw1.jpg

bigvw2.jpg

[rapid bastid metro! lol]

metro.jpg

crd_supra.jpg

crd_supra2.jpg

crd_supra3.jpg

cupras.jpg

delsol.jpg

delsol2.jpg

laydeeees.jpg

skyline1.jpg

skyline2.jpg

skyline3.jpg

skyline4.jpg

skyline5.jpg

vtec_mini1.jpg

vtec_mini2.jpg

Jmax

RMS Regular
gotta love the dub :grinning: and might have to get a crowd 2geather and head over some weekend

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
not bad scrob1!!

that golf is mint! absolutely gorgeous!

skyline looks well too but the vtec mini :p :laughing:

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
There we go, vids are up so have a wee peeky :lol:

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Hmm boydie lad you need DivX to run it. My mates got it workin no probs :worried:

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
That would be a fermanagh man who tends to get easily excited :lol:

bob

RMS Regular
Very nice scrob, cars definately going well! Mite join you on the 20th feb / 6th march for a run up if your going?

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Cheers Keith - unbelievable how fast they are online! :confounded:hock:

I was also impressed with the price - £8 at the gate and then £15 to use the strip - this included AS MANY runs as you can physically fit in, and a computer printout (Run No, Reaction Time, 60 foot time, Terminal Speed, and 1/4 mile time) which I think is damn good value for money. The organisation was superb and they even had police directing the traffic and a st john's ambulance on stand by in case of any mis-haps. Along with this there were numerous measures in place to assist any cars which broke down, and excellent crowd controls.

Aside from the 1/4 mile, there was also a show n shine, sound off, and some kind of mini track which people were battering around.

All in all an EXCELLENT day out and the sooner something like this hits the shores of NI the better :grinning:

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
The Del Sol is quite tasty, as is the Skyline (apart from the mecanno spoiler :worried: )

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.