My insurance sucks lowest quote is £3065

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dieselpowered

RMS Regular
Drives
Type R GT Champ
this is for my 1.5 dci clio with ncb..... its prty harsh bein 3k for my first car. wats use think?:sob:

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
go to bell.co.uk, quote there, stick your mum on as a named driver and go TPFT.... shud be lower than that!!

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
is that the best quote u can get??
most peoples on first cars is high.
most of my mates are paying 2 - 2 1/2 on 1.1 or 1.0's, so 3 on a 1.5 dci isnt overly bad.

try mcwherters, there an insurance broker, but will do loadz of shopping around for u and normally come up wif a great deal

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
if your on a new clio i wouldnt advise TPFT

put ur mum/dad down as the main insurer and you as a named driver

wots ur dci? 65? 80? 100?

if its 65 its grp3 afaik and my old 1.2 8v clio was grp3 and i was £1200 or so under my dad for my first year driving

shop about lad

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
in ur own name bronk?! did u put "father bronk" or "doctor bronk" instead of "mr bronk".... wonder does that work? it would make me "father **** byrne" :p

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
thats preverbial chips bronk. i paid 2300 tpft for my first year insurance with quinn on the RS1100! you must be working a move in there somewhere!

tim

RMS Regular
yeh but he's a late starter he forgot to mention that he only passed his test at like 19 or 20 ie 20 yr old first time driver ...... on a vts .... age makes all the difference

tim

RMS Regular
you DO NOT have to be Fully Comp to get NCB you just have to be the Policy Holder to achieve this.....

Dieselpowered

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
Type R GT Champ
really? so i can be the policy holder, but a named driver on the car?

tim

RMS Regular
No YOU have to be the Policy Holder IE the Main Driver its all in your name and say add your mum on as a Named Driver to lower your insurance abit

tim

RMS Regular
yeh well best go with that as well...... you'll be earning NCB's !!! which is much better as well you insurance in the next year once you earn 1 yrs NCB your insurance shud drop like 30%ish like my brothers's did

Matt123

RMS Regular
tim said:
yeh well best go with that as well...... you'll be earning NCB's !!! which is much better as well you insurance in the next year once you earn 1 yrs NCB your insurance shud drop like 30%ish like my brothers's did

is it not meant to be 15%?? although mine has taken quite a step down too!

tim

RMS Regular
well my bro's was like £3k for his 1.4 megane and the only reason we ended up paying it was because we were promised that it would drop 30% for his next year

Jason

RMS Regular
Admiral - 20 no NCB and one accident - 1200 3rd party fire and theft 1st time - group 14 saxo VTS, beat that!

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
I managed to get my first insurance for £2200 - that was a 3 year policy. Only good thing I got out of Hurst's (and that includes the car).

Chelle

RMS Regular
Drives
A35 AMG
jesus thats way too much

send some lady in "random" insurance co a bunch of flowers and then phone for a quote lol

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
i was just sorting out some **** earlier.... found my first insurance...

£4.5k on a 1.6 astra mk 4. it was a new car though, and i was 17.....

Dieselpowered

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
Type R GT Champ
Tried many ways to get it down, but its still the same.... looks like i better give up drinking. Wtf am i saying? ill jus have to settle with being broke.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.