My Lexus

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
OK, so its not as exciting as chucking a Single Turbo Supra engine in but heres my lastest machine after a few bits and bobs have been put on.

All comments and suggestions welcome as usual, I have included a pic at the bottom of a rough photoshop. Its an idea im toying with as cant really afford to waste the cash on a nice new set of 18s and the current wheels need refurbished pretty badly.
Next move is a nice stainless steel exhaust.

lexus-side.jpg

lexus-side2.jpg

lexus-night.jpg

lexus-lisburn.jpg

lexus-rear.jpg

Heres the photoshopped one, its so good you could hardly tell :party:
blackphotoshop.jpg

Jason

RMS Regular
looks excellent Harry, she hang big drifts?

Mate of mine absolutly loves them il have to show him the pics

Harry

RMS Regular
OP
Harry
Drives
V8
Its excellent in the damp and wet conditions, just a little underpowered for any fun dry stuff!
Tell your mate to make me an offer :p

Twain

RMS Regular
Cool motor lad, love these Lexi...(Alan Partridge joke there :grinning: ) Shame your having trouble with the wheel corrosion too, mines look like the moons surface with the bubbles on them :worried:

Bronk

RMS Regular
lovely clean lexus..goes round rightly 2 last time i seen it :laughing:

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Looks lovely mate...I think the std wheels look perfect on her...I really like them in the anthracite colour...

Harry

RMS Regular
OP
Harry
Drives
V8
@ Jason, you for mean Mint, immaculate low mileage stuff!

If you can see, well you prob cant, theres a diamond cut finish on the face of the wheel which is quite smart. Another option was to have it polished to mirror finish then just paint the silver parts a nice bright silver again.

But im liking the dark grey/anthracite idea just to be different.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I think it really suits the dark wheels, thats what I'd go for. Tho the rear wheels need spaced out badly imo! And a bigger tailpipe to fit the hole in the bumper. Looks really well tho, like it a lot.

Harry

RMS Regular
OP
Harry
Drives
V8
Yeah, im thinking a small set of spacers for the rear aswell, looks worse now as its been lowered they have cambered in quite a lot.
And exhaust is the next item im shopping for, mainly to fill the gap as you say.

What about dark wheels with the polished face? Or would that just cheapen the car like hell?

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
doesnt look right that low, lol thats civic spec
dark wheels loow really well against that colour
but really detest the headlight brows!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
"We're lovin it lovin it lovit, we're lovin it like this"....... (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looks very well Harry, id also definitely go downt he dark wheel route- totally transforms it.

Never been tempted with a slightly higher spoiler?

Harry

RMS Regular
OP
Harry
Drives
V8
Cant say ive given a lot of thought to a higher spoiler, only one I would ever change it to is this one, and id prob only do that if I had a big set of 18s to tie in with it.
Oh and im glad about all this positive feedback on the wheels, very tempted to go for that now.

DSC00037.JPG

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Personally i prefer that spoiler, i think it looks more balanced with the skirts + rear splitter etc. Hard to explain what i mean without sounding critical!

Yeah, get the wheels done for defintie.

Daisy

RMS Regular
looking well there harry... the wheels in the photoshopped one really suit it... but as andy says, do not put those eyebrow things on mate....

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Stay away from the stickers and eyebrows IMO, otherwise it looks really well, especially with the anthracite rims.

Some spacers, especially at the back, would really help if you're sticking with the standard rims.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.