My MG ZR 2.0td UPDATE 3/7/12

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BagggZR

RMS Member
Drives
MG ZR
Here i have my 2002 MG ZR 2.0td in trophy yellow. Bought the car back in august and the plan was basically just drive and enjoy... But that came a swift end. Heres how the car looked when it as bought..

0bb72913.jpg

e8509272.jpg

Car had came with a ripspeed dvd player which i hadnt Been overly fussed on so i replced it with a phillips cd player and i had also got myself a edge sub and amp so i put them in also

5e9ba79f.jpg

711fe524.jpg

Car pretty much stayed like this until march with only a set of sdi injectors from a rover 420 bein my only upgrade, then These arrived

fdde8b0b.jpg

Gaz gha coilovers, had to wait 6 weeks for them to come and during that time also ordered a set of these from rimstyle.co.uk along with 4x toyo t1-r tyres, and also got sideskirts from an mk2 ZR,

ff013b58.jpg

And this is how the car is sitting looks wise now,

e77f0b21.jpg

0e9559cf.jpg

9c611123.jpg

71bab8c9.jpg

Got the car remapped thos weekend also by mark @ madtuning, gentleman to deal with and very handy paid considering the high quality of work he delivers,

Thank you for looking c&c welcome, and will keep posted with updates.

UPDATE 3/7/12

So went up to Mark @ Mad tuning again on friday past to get the car finally set up! Had a few issues with boost leaks each time so this time i went up confident nothing could go wrong. Then this happened

3e089c12.jpg

Hit a bad bump and smashed the sump to bits! Got a new one thanks to Devlins of randalstown andto mark for taking me there, got the new sump on, car set up and ready for the rolling road on the 14th of this month,

Also started to refurb the standard wheels that i have for the car, sanded down primed and the first two were painted tonight, went for BMW graphite grey metallic, seems to be turning out well for my first time spraying anything! Heres a few pics so far...

Primed:

9d28fc46.jpg

Painted:
faeda01a.jpg

Will update at the weekend once the wheels are finished! Thanks again for looking, C&C welcome!

BagggZR

RMS Member
OP
B
Drives
MG ZR
Thanks man, wanted to do something different with the car other than put the 17 multispokes on

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
thats cool
amazing how many mg's an rovers ya here cutting springs an the likes

looks like you've done it right an prob the only person i no who hasnt bodged something to get it to look well

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
That looks really well actually, and I wouldn't exactly be a Rover/MG fan.

Wheels are a little bit small, but the fact it's lowered means it seems to work OK.

BagggZR

RMS Member
OP
B
Drives
MG ZR
Aye ino what your saying gary, but at 600 quid for coilovers you can see why they do it. The comfort of the coilovers is great for the low that he car is, cheers for the comment

BagggZR

RMS Member
OP
B
Drives
MG ZR
That looks really well actually, and I wouldn't exactly be a Rover/MG fan.

Wheels are a little bit small, but the fact it's lowered means it seems to work OK.

The wheels were a tad small at first when i got them i wasnt sure, when i got the car down on them tho they seemed to fit in a lot better tho, cheers for the comment

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Mark @ mad is a top bloke, and does wonders with the L series. Spied this on his FB page, really loved it. (y)

BagggZR

RMS Member
OP
B
Drives
MG ZR
Mark @ mad is a top bloke, and does wonders with the L series. Spied this on his FB page, really loved it. (y)

Yeah definatley is, very helpful with the whole process! Dont think he was too impressed that the car was too low for his lift tho lol,
Would you have the link to the facebook page mate?

BagggZR

RMS Member
OP
B
Drives
MG ZR
Cheers man! Have to go back now durin the week and get the boost set up properly and thats it until fumds come in for more work :laughing:

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
crackin looking wee car.

id love mine to run that low, but id have it completely destroyed on our roads.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Ive seen this about a few times, Not an MG fan but looks very well, always spotless too (y)

Were some of those pics taken down at the Farland bank?

BagggZR

RMS Member
OP
B
Drives
MG ZR
Cheers for the comments there! Car is only runnin so low due to the small wheels, not really as imprcatical as it looks tbh,

Yeah pics were down at farland bank along with a mates lexus! I try to keep her as clean as possible, weather permitting lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.