My MK1 Clio

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Nice Pics, Looks like a nice clean one

Those Pics in Antrim Park?

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
@pete: yea shuda done! didn think of that at the time! But ill get meself a nice set after my insurance needs renewed!

@ rik 106 & man14c: yea a few from the technology park and castle grounds in antrim

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
May not be much done but she's clean lookin anyway....

Just wait till next year sure ;)

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
daddycruise said:
May not be much done but she's clean lookin anyway....

Just wait till next year sure ;)

well maby until i hav enough money then :party:

ill try an do it by the book 4 the 1st year an then c what i can do next year. plus at the end of the day its a 1.2 and i dont fancy throwin all my money at it :p even tho ive already spent quite a bit on it!

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Bit more progress with the car:

Colour coded all the plastics.
Powerflow exhaust.
Tints by pentagon.
Boot lid smoothed- Removed wiper, brake light and de-badged.
Bit of a boot build.
Degreced the engine, wheel arches, and (with the help of RMS-CLIO) give it a dam good clean! :p

Have to get a sunstrip put back on as it was removed today for MOT!:worried:

P2180014.jpg

P2180004.jpg

P2180005.jpg

P2180001.jpg

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
leebo said:
that doesn't stop most people

Yea I know! but I had to sign something to say that I would only put on alloys the same size at the steel wheels that were previously on it. If I were to crash and an then an investigator got sent out to assess the damage then they wouldn’t pay out! So id rather keep it legal and then change my insurance company after the 1st year!

Lee

RMS Regular
im probably wrong, but i thought you could have bigger wheels, but if you crash, you don't get compensated for them. but then on the other hand, the insurance company may argue that the reason for your accident was that big wheels were affecting the performance of your car. i really don't know the ins and outs of it, but thats what i thought!

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
leebo said:
im probably wrong, but i thought you could have bigger wheels, but if you crash, you don't get compensated for them. but then on the other hand, the insurance company may argue that the reason for your accident was that big wheels were affecting the performance of your car. i really don't know the ins and outs of it, but thats what i thought!

Believe me ive spent a long time talking to my insurance with the ins and outs of bigger/wider wheels. and they basically said no way, and if i did then i would be voiding my insurance! So unfortunatly for me ill hav to wait another 4 months or so until i can get my 1st NCD and change insurance to get some bigger wheels! :worried: :sob:

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Just got myself a set of OZ chrono EVO's 15" in black. The paint is flaking off a little so i was thinking of getting them painted anyhow. Any ideas what colour to go for?

Stay black?
White? (keeping clean would be an isssue)
Anthracite? (sp)
Silver?
Other suggestions?

Paint flaking :
P4070036.jpg

Wheels on the car :
7208f17c.jpg

Cheers in advance

tim

RMS Regular
liking this alot. get its dropped and a few more things blacked out. headlights?

tim

brisa

RMS Regular
Drives
eunos roadster \
keep them black.. that looks the ticket!
drop it mildly... will look quite the little rally slag

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.