My Peugeot 205 (Proper) Rallye 1.3 lhd

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
So, nearly a year went in fast, and, errr, nothings moved on with this car. I got carried away with my E34 which is still ongoing. I'll be stopping that at finishing the interior and big brakes.

Finally got a bit of time to get back to this. Decided that the underneath and inner wings really need taken back. There was a previous repair to the front panel which isn't tidy, so will need to order one of these. The plans remain the same so need to get as much as we can done now and try to get it booked in to get caged.

Inside of the driver's side front looks good, lots of seamsealer to take off though! Annoyingly I completely ruined the wing taking it off so gutted about that, as I'd planned to fit fibreglass wings it's not the end of the world though

IMG_20180811_154014.jpg
IMG_20180811_154021.jpg

Started to take some of the seamsealer off the engine bay, the idea would be to have the bay like my e34 one in the photo below. There's less everything in the 205 so this should be doable enough. Want to keep it on the less showy side to an extent so it's more functional (not that the BMW isn't functional).

IMG_20180811_154033.jpg
IMG_9923-1024x683.jpg

I'd intended to have the 205 at players classic this year, the aim is now for next year - not an overly firm target as ill be carrying on with bits on the e34, but its good to set some date.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I didn’t realise it was you who owned the bm till now .it is not my sort of car but oh my word what an awesome piece of kit .engine bay is incredible ,I was having a look around it up in castlewellan last month .first time I had ever seen it .fair play to you (y)

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
I didn’t realise it was you who owned the bm till now .it is not my sort of car but oh my word what an awesome piece of kit .engine bay is incredible ,I was having a look around it up in castlewellan last month .first time I had ever seen it .fair play to you (y)

Cheers! Yea, I've a bit of a mixed bag of taste in motors! Part of the reason for doing this 205 is to stop myself chasing power in the bm for the time being.

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
So, nearly another year later, and close to the square route of **** all has been achieved :joy: Only updating this to remind me the car exists.

Now that the interior and other bits are done on my bm, I'm now at the point that it's done besides going after power, so time to build this as a possible sprint / rally car that I can take to shows like Players Classic with my bm too.

We rejigged the garage again so there's now room to work around this, the Subaru and the bm (bm not in the below photo) better and I've pulled the other front wing off, it wasn't seam sealered on so it's been off at some stage.
IMG_20190422_134525__01.jpg

Next up is to drop the front subframe from the car and get that sent away to get powdercoated.

Essentially the aim is sitting like below, except caged and stripped out with the group a dealer team France decals like shown earlier in the thread. I've a set of standard steelies sitting in good nick but want a set of splits like the below, they're Braid wheels, if anyone has dealt with them before, please let me know the good and bad aspects of it!
FB_IMG_1524500745253.jpg

I'm doing something for this car I didn't before, and that is making an excel sheet of parts being bought so I can track what's been bought and what is needed. Some nice things on the list as follows:

Fibreglass front wings with built in arch extensions
Carbon fibre doorcards
Single skin carbon fibre bonnet
Dog gear kit with straight cut final drive and plate diff (total overkill but by the time I buy the likes of a wavetrac or quaife and fix the gears as there was some metal in the gbox oil I don't think there's a massive price difference).
Trying to find group a bilsteins

No target finishing date this time, just going to take time and get it done. That Subaru needs shocks and bushes for mot as myself and dad are missing driving it about but that's a whole other story!

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
IMG_20191006_174815__01.jpg

Finally got a bit more done, front end now completely stripped. Will have to get the front subframe blasted ready for a bit of strengthening before powdercoating.

Hopefully have the fuel tank and rear suspension out and on the spit this weekend. Barring bits of the front panel which had previously been prepared, it really is a good and rust free shell. So taking all underseal off and redoing it should help keep it that way.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Love it, always had a thing for the s1 and s2 rallye 106's. That BM is brilliant the bay is something else

DUB_MK3

RMS Regular
Super cool car 👍🏻 Can’t wait to see this finished. Judging by your BMW this will be to a very high standard

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
That will look class once done, bit more room in that garage would be the job, u should take handy money for the Subaru lol

Haha cheers, handy money paid for it, so it'll be going nowhere for the foreseeable!

Love it, always had a thing for the s1 and s2 rallye 106's. That BM is brilliant the bay is something else

Cheers! I really want a S1 106 Rallye too but seem to be hard to get a decent money.

Super cool car 👍🏻 Can’t wait to see this finished. Judging by your BMW this will be to a very high standard

Cheers! Hopefully it will be. Didn't think I'd have the appetite for another build so soon after getting the BMW done but just want to have this finally done!

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
Looking forward to getting to work at this !!! thats if youl let me loose with the welder haha

colin84

RMS Regular
Cool cars, although I find it strange that the Rallye is 1.3 in comparison to the 1.9 in the GTI. How does it perform compared to your 1.9? I imagine that the engine would be a fair bit lighter?