MY00 Impreza Type RA Limited No.337/1000

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Finally back in an Impreza (No.5 for me) after months of searching. I looked at about 5 or 6 in total and this was definitely the pick of the bunch. Its a pretty rare version 6 MY00, imported in 2015 and has only done 5000 summer miles since with 1 owner, Serioisly clean underneath, not a pick of rot to be seen, all in all a very straight, standard car with a few nice Sti upgrades from factory. The previous owner fitted the sti seats due to their near new condition over the wrx ones which were also blue but had a few stains on them.

All history and mileage traced from Japan with the HPI report from car VX and grade 4 import documents. Only other mod is a prodrive backbox. I love how it drives,it's a perfect summer weekend car and it goes very well with a rumoured 300ps from Japan combined with the light kerb weight and short gears. Comments welcome, it won't be to everyone's taste but the Subaru purists will appreciate it I'm sure.

RA Spec
280bhp, 250lb/ft, 7500 rev limit
Lightweight panels, approx 1230kg kerbweight
Close ratio 5 speed gearbox
Suretrac diff
Sonic blue paint
Rays lightweight alloys
STI brakes
STI suspension
STI strut braces front and rear
STI fog light covers
STI front seats
Prodrive back box

IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1440.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG
IMG_1442.JPG
IMG_1443.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG
IMG_1447.JPG
IMG_1448.JPG
IMG_1449.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1450.JPG
    IMG_1450.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Think I remember seeing this car advertised just after it had been imported, it is a real low mileage if I recall correctly. Health to enjoy, looks a great example.
Seen your old Evo the other evening as well, another clean looking car.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Lovely! Have a 95 wrx ra myself, never actually planned to own a Subaru but was offered it at the right sort of money so had to go for it. Shocked at just how good they are!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Cheers fellas, I'd be fairly particular and I knew when I seen all the photos (the owner sent me about 60 in total as it was in England) and talking to him I knew it was the right car, condition is everything at that age and the shell really is brilliant, hasnt even been under sealed as it hasn't seen a winter in the UK and won't in my ownership either, won't see the road again until late spring 2018. You wouldn't believe the miles on it, I looked at cars with just over half the miles of this and they were nowhere near as good. This is also a good bit sharper too than others I drove and it's all standard.

Plans wise I don't really want to mess with it. Possibly as set of prodrive blue springs to compliment the Sti red shocks. I've also a downpipe and magnex centre section I might fit but it sounds lovely as is, just a nice burble from it.

Cleaning wise I want to get it up on stands with the wheels off it and properly steam clean underneath and remove any tar spots etc from the inside arches and shocks. If I could find a proper clear sealant I would do that as I'd want to be able to still see the original body but definitely no black wax oil going on this one.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Looks absolutely immaculate, looks like a Hayward and Scott exhaust on it, nice note off them when you shoe it on. You don't see many RA's about in facelift, nor in blue!

Health to drive, the short gears in them are epic!

Neil_M

RMS Regular
What a hero car, absolutely love it!!

I could be very tempted into another Scooby, a very special classic would be the ticket.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Looks in impressive condition and a better investment than a Type R I'd say.

It might be in time as they are a limited run but the type r will always command a premium I would think. This one really is a keeper for me though I've no doubt I'll own it for a long time as they are getting harder and harder to find now.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Tremendous! Any photos of the full front?

Any plans?

Didn't get any today, don't know why lol will grab some tomorrow if it's not raining! Plans wise I'm afraid to mess with the engine in any way as it's goes so well in standard form, as I have the res of the exhaust to mate up with the prodrive box I'll prob fit it, be rude not too as a fully decatted prodrive system is class on them, very group A rally car sounding.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Class Barry, the word mint actually seems fitting for once!

Enjoy.

It's not mint yet but I can see that it will be in time, have about 2 or 3 pin dents to get pulled out of the doors and it needs a good session with the DA, inside is pretty much immaculate and underneath will be the same when I'm finished with it. Its what you would expect of a fairly recent jap import in terms of condition and would be in better shape than some uk cars that are only a few years old, just shows the damage our winters do.