**NEW 50cal Filler Glaze**

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Can someone explain to a dunce like me the difference between this (and other glazes) and Autoglym's super resin polish. I want to branch away from using Autoglym by default all the time but never heard tell of a glaze until recently. Sounds like it could help my civic, it shows up swirls badly in the sunlight at the moment.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
as paddy_r says, its usual practice to put a wax on top. A filler glaze is used to mask or "fill in" light paint defects. It greatly improves the appearance of swirls etc. It doesn't fix them, merely fills them in

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
So really, the Super Resin Polish (which contains filler also) is much the same then, just without the cleaners? You could simply use the glaze in place of the SRP then? e.g. prewash, wash, clay, glaze, seal, wax?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
So really, the Super Resin Polish (which contains filler also) is much the same then, just without the cleaners? You could simply use the glaze in place of the SRP then? e.g. prewash, wash, clay, glaze, seal, wax?

SRP has cleaners too. SRP is a good all round product in my opinion that's misused by the majority of people (less is better with it). You could look at SRP as an all in one as it offers a bit of protection but it just not that durable.

Jack of all trades master of none really.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
So I'm guessing for filling swirls and all round shine, the 50 Cal glaze is the better product then? I must get myself a bottle.

MarcVtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Integra Ty
Looking to get a bottle myself but can't seem to find out how! lol

Morgan@50cal

RMS Regular
OP
Morgan@50cal
Drives
A lot
I used it today on a mini with a rotary and finishing pad only took me about an hour to run over the car. Ill let the pictures do the talking.
View attachment 62285 View attachment 62286
It works a treat on plastic also.
View attachment 62287 View attachment 62288 View attachment 62289 View attachment 62290
It only took me two minutes between taking the pictures of the mirror and polishing.
View attachment 62291
Not bad looking for a car that's been washed with a tree branch all its life, and only took me an hour.

Awesome work (y)

S88JKG

RMS Photographer
Applied this for the first time today to the Focus and it's awful paintwork.

Results are ummmm....awesome! I applied it by hand and the difference is unbelievable from using so little of the product and even less effort!

image.jpg

JT_EVO

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3 Type R
Waiting on jonny_rms's picture and then ill be grabbing me some of this.

I know youll see this jonny get that pic sent!

J55NI

RMS Regular
[E="JT_EVO, post: 2543633, member: 21444"]Waiting on jonny_rms's picture and then ill be grabbing me some of this.

I know youll see this jonny get that pic sent![/QUOTE]

Used it here today. Absolutely fantastic, it's so easy applied , its quite thin and runny though so need to be careful you don't end up pouring out a lot more than is needed is my only concern, anyone else find it quite thin? .

Pics up soon.

Morgan@50cal

RMS Regular
OP
Morgan@50cal
Drives
A lot
[E="JT_EVO, post: 2543633, member: 21444"]Waiting on jonny_rms's picture and then ill be grabbing me some of this.

I know youll see this jonny get that pic sent!

Used it here today. Absolutely fantastic, it's so easy applied , its quite thin and runny though so need to be careful you don't end up pouring out a lot more than is needed is my only concern, anyone else find it quite thin? .

Pics up soon.[/QUOTE]
Less is more when using it definitely. Like all our gear, a little goes a long way. Never heard anyone say it was thin before, interesting. Glad you liked it :grinning:(y)

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
This is a fantastic product. Used it on a couple of cars, got the best results on black cars as swirl marks are easier to spot.

Coat of wax on top and still have the same finish/beading weeks after application :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.