New car to me...1997 Citroen Saxo vsx

Martyn

RMS Regular
Well I sold the 2013 boxster on Friday..

I'm due to leave the country for a few months and head to New Zealand....

The new Porsche is in order for 2017 delivery just before the government tax hike for luxury cars over £40k.....

In the meantime I bought this from saxo_man...

It's a 19year old Saxo with 84k on the clock...

image.jpeg

Had a laugh in it already putting 400miles on the clock....

It's not exactly a drivers car ... But it does the job!

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
Well I sold the 2013 boxster on Friday..

I'm due to leave the country for a few months and head to New Zealand....

The new Porsche is in order for 2017 delivery just before the government tax hike for luxury cars over £40k.....

In the meantime I bought this from saxo_man...

It's a 19year old Saxo with 84k on the clock...

View attachment 114173

Had a laugh in it already putting 400miles on the clock....

It's not exactly a drivers car ... But it does the job!

Quality!! Will love the way the neighbours will talk. He came down in the world to!! Fk me that mans dealing drugs. I only say this as my mate got accused of the same thing!! Lol!!

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
I think I live near you. Unless someone else has just upgraded his boxster to a saxo. Fair play, she is some rod and you have done well for yourself.

Was that you putting your saxo on the trailer the other night?

You can PM me your location....

If you live where I think you do the place is crawling with RMS members.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
ezgif.com-add-text(4).gif

Seriously though, I think its class that you can make that change from a Porsche Boxster to a 19 year old Saxo and will be going back to a Porsche. Thats proper car fan dedication.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Was that you putting your saxo on the trailer the other night?

You can PM me your location....

If you live where I think you do the place is crawling with RMS members.

Yes that was me loading the saxo - off to long term storage until I get a new pad sorted. I live in the same place as you or at least I do for another month before we move on. I only know of 1 other RMS member, rough fella with a few scrap Audi's, lives a few doors down from you.

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Yes that was me loading the saxo - off to long term storage until I get a new pad sorted. I live in the same place as you or at least I do for another month before we move on. I only know of 1 other RMS member, rough fella with a few scrap Audi's, lives a few doors down from you.

Harsh.

But true.

@Martyn got the sticker for the back window yet? :p Must be refreshing to not have to worry about the saxo like the Porsche- Looks very clean especially for the age of it!

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I had a bottle green Saxo exclusive which was a 1.4 with velour seats, got it brand new in 98 with the 3 year free insurance deal and handed it back with 55k on the clock.

I then got a second hand vtr which had been fitted with one of those Clifford alarms that beeped real loud if you got too close when it was sitting parked:oops:, it also had an auto start button on the alarm which was handy to press on a winters morning to get the car warmed up providing it wasn't left in gear :p

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
I had a bottle green Saxo exclusive which was a 1.4 with velour seats, got it brand new in 98 with the 3 year free insurance deal and handed it back with 55k on the clock.

I then got a second hand vtr which had been fitted with one of those Clifford alarms that beeped real loud if you got too close when it was sitting parked:oops:, it also had an auto start button on the alarm which was handy to press on a winters morning to get the car warmed up providing it wasn't left in gear :p

My 106 still has that Clifford prox sensor, such an annoying noise.

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
14931EB2-C298-4AA6-9555-A33FF9CAB5A7.jpeg
@saxo_man - what were you searching for when you found this thread this morning?

It’s a blast from the past digging this up again.

This is the last pic I have of it before I moved it on… I carried a hammer to tap the power steering pump to make it work. Towards the end of my ownership if it rained and you drove over 40mph the rain came into the car though the windscreen seal and you got soaked…

Good times with the car though… went well and cost nothing.

Last edited:

saxo_man

RMS Regular
@Martyn I seen your photos of the porsche pop up on the home page, I clicked on them for a better look and 'other cars' in your garage popped up on the page including this weapon :joy: