New corvette

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Would love one! Just can't see it being £60k here even for the base model. If chevy manage to keep the price within reach it could start them on a path to salvation after their abysmal UK market entry attempts.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Sounds like a Corvette should 😍

colin84

RMS Regular
I like it, but its less Corvette and more Ferrari. This is how a Corvette should look.

da3b3c5b-d5b9-448d-986d-3bdf8a2f06b0-XXX_011519_2019_naias_rg_10.jpg

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
No deal brexit drives up the price of German scrap, USA trade deal means cheap corvettes and demons.
One for every household and we are gonna get pump gas at 3 dollars a gallon. Tesco will stock Glocks on the stationery aisle. Or maybe beside the clocks.

Has there been a UK RRP released yet?

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
American "list" prices are never really the list price though, here a car is advertised as being £60k, that's what you pay, unless you get discount etc

There $60k is before tax, vat and whatever other fees they hide from the sticker 😑

My biggest gripe when in America was nothing ever cost what it said it did...

But there will be a guaranteed UK import markup, can't see it being over £100k though 🤔

Yea in some states that 60k car could be 70k+ by the time you actually own it. In the likes of California you pay the state tax, then the district you buy the car in can tax you again

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Yea in some states that 60k car could be 70k+ by the time you actually own it. In the likes of California you pay the state tax, then the district you buy the car in can tax you again
California probably has a non-Prius tax as well.

colin84

RMS Regular

Sounds a bit like VRT.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
It's why so many supercar owners set up 'fake' a company in Montana and register their cars there 0% sales tax

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS

The max sales tax (state and county) in CA is 10.5%, most are lower (mid 8s). There's literally tons of incidentals added on to the sticker price of a new car but a $60k car won't come in over $70k, maybe close in the highest state tax states..? haven't checked in a while. I always factored the total to be in and around 10% above sticker when looking in CA.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Finally saw one of these new C8 corvettes the other day.

Anyone else think the back end looks like it’s a bit melted? The engine’s in the rear, and I think the body panels might be plastic…

DA0620C6-AC38-42AF-91C7-288CABE44480.jpeg

Last edited:

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
Drives
Corvette
Finally saw one of these new C8 corvettes the other day.

Anyone else think the back end looks like it’s a belt melted? The engine’s in the rear, and I think the body panels might be plastic…

View attachment 406181
Where they failed was they tried to keep some design que's from the FR Corvettes and it didnt translate well. They should have gone with a completely new design language for the MR car. The last good rear end was the C6 IMO which still has the iconic circular lights

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Where they failed was they tried to keep some design que's from the FR Corvettes and it didnt translate well. They should have gone with a completely new design language for the MR car. The last good rear end was the C6 IMO which still has the iconic circular lights

Yeah I think the C6 is by far the best looking contemporary corvette. I drove in Las Vegas the year they first came out.