New Focus RS Prices Released

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rfg

RMS Regular
one of my friends who has ordered an RS told me today theat there is a lenghty delay due to thrust baring issues and a redesign /refit on ALL RS's his was due in June and has been told on Monday it will be 6-12 weeks later but will have it by Christmas oops not good!

Stevies

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo V50
Do you work up there? If so do you have new RS brochures in?

Paul, I have some of the mini brochure left - pm me ur address and I'll post you one tomorrow if you want.

According to the man yesterday the first batch will be built in March April time and then the next lot won't be built untill August ish.

Originally they plan to build 4000 but they could go the length of 8000 if the demand is there.

Your man Ronnie must not have made it into the first batch - unlucky. To be fair Ford are always messing with build dates on all their cars so I don't like giving dates untill I no its left the factory and is on the boat!

Rfg

RMS Regular
apparently all RS's need this change as they have been failing on testing so possibly get the first ones out for launch then worry about the rest. Funnily he ordered his with mine then cancelled it when I cancelled. the then saw the price drop an put his name back down for one!

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
Thats all balls...

Bearings needing changed, engines failing etc are all bull....

The First batch of Focus RS's is under way and has been for about 2/3 weeks now... they will be delayed coming to the uk by a few weeks, this is down to the plant in Germany lowering the amount of cars its producing... nothing to do with failing engines and nothing to do with bearings... And thats balls not getting it before xmas... If you go into a ford dealer today and put your money down, he will tell you that you will get your car in about 3 months time and will even give you a date of build.

I dunno where your getting your information from but its all wrong lol....

Ford have from the start said they will build 8000 cars, of which 4000 are to be shipped to the UK... They will not build anymore than 8000 because by the time they get them sold, that shape of focus will be at the end of its life...!!

Launch was never set for January, it has always been set for Spring... then ford said the first batch of delivery to the UK would be MARCH!!! This has been put back by 2/3 weeks... production is underway.

And i thought i was a big ford fan!!!
Don't listen to them Mr Ski or Paul, if they are not into fast fords then they won't understand.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Stevies

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo V50
Well I'm not going to argue with you, the stuff I said is only what a direct employee of Ford told us at Ford's training college. Wether he's right or wrong remains to be seen.

As for ordering a car today and giving build dates straight away thats balls. I'm ordering Fords for 6 years and I can tell you thats I've ordered cars (not even special cars) and waited 6 months and more for them. One example is a Focus Titanium I ordered at the end of Feb last year which didn't arrive untill late October. A lot of time it is possible to order a car that has already got a schelduled build date but every dealer receives a monthly allocation of cars which get given a production MONTH (normally 2 months down the line) and this is only given as a guide and not set in stone. The RS order numbers I have are February wholesale month allocation for example. As I said one of the RS orders had the build date cancelled and not reschelduled yet - even the man in charge of the vehicle ordering process wasn't able to give a new date.

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
Well I'm not going to argue with you, the stuff I said is only what a direct employee of Ford told us at Ford's training college. Wether he's right or wrong remains to be seen.

As for ordering a car today and giving build dates straight away thats balls. I'm ordering Fords for 6 years and I can tell you thats I've ordered cars (not even special cars) and waited 6 months and more for them. One example is a Focus Titanium I ordered at the end of Feb last year which didn't arrive untill late October. A lot of time it is possible to order a car that has already got a schelduled build date but every dealer receives a monthly allocation of cars which get given a production MONTH (normally 2 months down the line) and this is only given as a guide and not set in stone. The RS order numbers I have are February wholesale month allocation for example. As I said one of the RS orders had the build date cancelled and not reschelduled yet - even the man in charge of the vehicle ordering process wasn't able to give a new date.

I didnt mean you would get on the day the expected manufacture date lol!

Was it that same guy within ford that said only 3 RS's were in existance, yet ive posted a video with 4 in it...??? He doesnt have a clue...

Ill see if I can find the photo with about 10 all lined up for you. Plus along with those 4 in that video I know for a FACT Graham Goode has had one for a few weeks, doing little modifications... So expect off the shelf upgrades from Ford.

Stevies

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo V50
Yea, there probably all reading from a hymn sheet they got a month ago.

Bring on the driving thats what I say - then we will have something to argue about!!

Everybody has there own opinion on the looks but personally I love it even more now when I've seen it in real life. Pretty sure it will be king of the hot hatches.

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
It should be a nice car, the videos Ive seen of it makes it sound awesome... as for the styling I hated it at first but I love it now.. all RS's have been a bit wild!!

As for the driving, will be hard, they arent going into showrooms and arent allowed to be test driven (same as the old RS).... I think its stupid, how can they expect people to shell out £25,000+ on a car they've never driven.

There have been a few press packs floating about, ur right they are prob just reading off them... luckily on the rs owners club there are a few staff who work for ford who give out all the goss lol

bob

RMS Regular
Really looking forward to seeing some reviews on this car, impressed with the go and noise factor in the vid (y)

With the right wheels I think it could be a savage looking car!

Dont talk about something you know absolutely nothing about.... as you will be made to look a fool...

The only thing the same with the ST is the block, I have seen the highly in depth specification for the engine... Would you like me to post up all the differences between the two?

I LOL'd at that, thought I seen you post up on the RSowners forum today asking for a list of the differences between the 2 engines?

Rfg

RMS Regular
its like I got a statement for My RS saying it was £32K all in then it dropped to £25 (with my options £28) it has been stated on the internet that thre is a turbo recall gue to thrust bearing failures in pre production models so I wouldnt go round shooting other people down just because you havn't heard it. All models have to have the replacement so the launch has been postponed to accomodate this. I am only going from what I have been told form someone who is waiting on a car and whos cousin is a senior engineer in ford Europe!!
As for next day delivery I waited 12 weeks for my ST Mondeo and 8 weeks for my wifes old 1;.6 focus so your statement about ford ordering times is balls! I think if u want it you will buy it even without a test drive. I ordered my Range Rover sport without ever sitting in one!

I R HillBilly

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
Dont talk about something you know absolutely nothing about.... as you will be made to look a fool...

I have seen the highly in depth specification for the engine... Would you like me to post up all the differences between the two?

2a6uhbm.jpg

OK SKIMAN (y) :grinning: :party:

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS

The banter thickens, however, there is a difference in not knowing and being lazy enough to sift through 10,000 words, just to prove a point...!

I went to bed at 10am this morning after being up all nite, and got up at 1pm... I was tired and being lazy.. Simple really...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.