New Focus Rs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Certainly aware of someone removed whatever shaft drives one axle or another to allow a normally 4wd car to be tuned on a 2 wheel dyno yes. drive shaft maybe ? Either way. Yes. Not sure if they chose to disconnect drive to the front or to rear.
@Gambit

Last edited:

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
The RS system is like Haldex as far as I understand so the power delivery is all electrically controlled.

The idea mapping a car that drives 4wd all time.... While proving the map out through just the front wheels... Doesn't sit well with me. Surely different load conditions, grip, transmission losses etc are all up the left to when it's in normal use

Wouldn't matter. Sure you can 95% map an engine on a dyno when it has no transmission attached.

Final checks should always be carried out on the road though as a rolling car never accurately represents real world conditions.

That alright @Rocko ? :p

Banned
OP
There is a way to put the RS into rolling road mode.

I think its something like put the car into and out of reverse 5 times and turn traction control off or something like that.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
There is a way to put the RS into rolling road mode.

I think its something like put the car into and out of reverse 5 times and turn traction control off or something like that.

Why would you need to know that, sure you don't have one? :p

Reactions: Ben

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
The RS system is like Haldex as far as I understand so the power delivery is all electrically controlled.

Wouldn't matter. Sure you can 95% map an engine on a dyno when it has no transmission attached.

Final checks should always be carried out on the road though as a rolling car never accurately represents real world conditions.

That alright @Rocko ? :p

giphy.gif

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
was just about to say it looked like he under steered.. and there's plenty of evidence for his insurance to not pay out :worried: then again this looks like Merica' so he'll probably sue the mountain for running out in front of him and will win..

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
was just about to say it looked like he under steered.. and there's plenty of evidence for his insurance to not pay out :worried: then again this looks like Merica' so he'll probably sue the mountain for running out in front of him and will win..

And Ford for having a drift mode

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I'm willing to bet there's something in the owner's manual to say that drift mode should only be used on a track or private space and not on a public road meaning they are covered.
In a America tho, would they? Sure all please got sued as that headphones/ipod was too loud lol
Hence the warnings when you turns them up high etc.

Seen a news thing from Australia where police were complaining about the drift mode in the focus and that it encourages hooligan behaviour on roads.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.