New Honda Monkey bike

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Anyone any interest in a 2017 model, red, less than a year old for around £2k? 1300 miles, had its first service, super well looked after, not a mark on it. It's basically brand new.

House purchase means I need to free up as much cash as possible and I don't get using this much. I'll get photos etc and put an ad up soon but just testing the water for interest first!

puzzlement13

RMS Regular
Anyone seen these Benelli 125's, they're msx size too :grinning:
IMG-20170811-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20170811-WA0007.jpg

Sharkey

RMS Regular
Seriously thinking of selling my 2016 MSX. 300miles from new. Running in service. Love the bike, but buying a house soon and any additional capital at this stage would be a big help.

Any RMS'ers interested? Essentially brand new.

Conor_itr

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IV
Seriously thinking of selling my 2016 MSX. 300miles from new. Running in service. Love the bike, but buying a house soon and any additional capital at this stage would be a big help.

Any RMS'ers interested? Essentially brand new.

What Sort of money would be on this?

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
Bit of a thread revival.

I've lost most of the weekend to watching videos of these on YouTube. How many of you that bought them still have them?

I did my bike test 12 or 13 years ago but never got a bike due to the other half nagging me. I’ve managed to convince her that one of these would be OK so looking to capitalise before she changes her mind! I’m thinking it could be a gateway bike to get her used to it and then I could get something bigger down the line.

I‘m back up home this weekend so might try and hit either Belfast or Ballymena for a look. I’m 6’3 and 16 stone so the size could be an issue. Presume test rides are still happening in the current climate?

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Bit of a thread revival.

I've lost most of the weekend to watching videos of these on YouTube. How many of you that bought them still have them?

I did my bike test 12 or 13 years ago but never got a bike due to the other half nagging me. I’ve managed to convince her that one of these would be OK so looking to capitalise before she changes her mind! I’m thinking it could be a gateway bike to get her used to it and then I could get something bigger down the line.

I‘m back up home this weekend so might try and hit either Belfast or Ballymena for a look. I’m 6’3 and 16 stone so the size could be an issue. Presume test rides are still happening in the current climate?
Bit of a shameless plug but have a look at what I'm selling in the motorbike classifieds (Monkey 125/181) and if it interests you drop me a PM. Slightly more miles on it now, around 4800 or thereabouts. Cheers

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
Bit of a shameless plug but have a look at what I'm selling in the motorbike classifieds (Monkey 125/181) and if it interests you drop me a PM. Slightly more miles on it now, around 4800 or thereabouts. Cheers

Thanks, I started off looking at Monkeys but think I prefer the styling of the MSZ.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I'm 6'2 and close to 15 stone and they're totally perfect.

2 mates and me bought the first 3 in the country and I've kept mine, but they have shifted theirs on.

I'm not keen on the current model, but you can get the original ones pretty cheap now.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
I sold mine on as I knew I wouldn't get anywhere near it for a few years with other commitments.
Would be interested to see how they've aged.
Mine was beginning to show the signs of Thai build quality.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
I sold mine on as I knew I wouldn't get anywhere near it for a few years with other commitments.
Would be interested to see how they've aged.
Mine was beginning to show the signs of Thai build quality.
Certainly with the monkey you have to be on top of cleaning to keep things looking their best but nearly 5k in and having been used over a couple of winters things are holding up pretty (surprisingly) well without any ACF 50 or the likes. All nuts and bolts are like brand new and the faux chrome still shines with no evidence of "worms" starting to track underneath it. The biggest issue I have had is with keeping the chain tip top as it doesn't run O rings so will literally seize the links together if you don't clean it and re lube after every wet/salty/dirty journey. No where on par with the finish or the depth of paint of a Jap built Honda but I'm actually impressed how well things have gone!

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Certainly with the monkey you have to be on top of cleaning to keep things looking their best but nearly 5k in and having been used over a couple of winters things are holding up pretty (surprisingly) well without any ACF 50 or the likes. All nuts and bolts are like brand new and the faux chrome still shines with no evidence of "worms" starting to track underneath it. The biggest issue I have had is with keeping the chain tip top as it doesn't run O rings so will literally seize the links together if you don't clean it and re lube after every wet/salty/dirty journey. No where on par with the finish or the depth of paint of a Jap built Honda but I'm actually impressed how well things have gone!
Frig my nuts and bolts were starting to corrode after 2 years and I used fs365 and rinsed it regularly. Fins and heads had paint coming off.
Swingarm started to look a bit tatty too.

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
Still have mine. Lives in a small nook in the garage as a hanger at present but do intend to get it out agian next season perhaps. The misses even though she has a 600 would raller bounce onto it as its more fun.

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I went to Honda Belfast and Ballymena today to get a look at one. Neither of them had one in the showroom but Ballymena have one coming in with their next order. I had a sit on a monkey, definitely felt small but I guess that’s the same for everyone!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Class looking wee bikes .would love one but have absolutely no need for it or wouldn’t ever have any time to use it .