New insurance groups 1-50

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
37...i think. Never worry insurance isnt the part that costs me a fortune anyway lol

brendy

RMS Regular
37...i think. Never worry insurance isnt the part that costs me a fortune anyway lol
Esackally. Powwww!
tim.jpg

p 5ary

RMS Regular
Each insurer has a price for a car and person. It won't make much difference just mulitply by 2.5 to give a rough guide surely.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
mind would need to come down badly still paying a fortune
change of groups is now from 4-7 so hope im ok out of it all.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Mines gone from group 20 to no group lol

Thatcham are so **** they can't even get the cc of a cosworth correct, its 1993cc not 1998cc as per that site.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 R
some insurance companies have been classing cars in different categories, or using different scales for years.

I know Endsleigh dont use the standard groups, and have their own system for grading cars

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
This doesnt make sense i looked up my new rating for my Meggy sport dynamique 165bhp but lower models such as a Megane Expression/Oasis 1.4 have a higher insurance group rating now... Whats that all about??? Mine is group 7 and a 1.4 is group 8???

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
Well same car differnet engine, All meganes have near enough the same saftey features and defo the same alarm system.

But this would work out as having 67BHP more than the 98BHP 1.4 a group higher... I still dont get it ie lower spec in turms of trim (same saftey features) 67 less horsies and as a result a group higher????

Maybe that F40 i always wanted is now group 1 or 2?

Rua1r1

RMS Member
Drives
Seat Leon 2.0 TD
Could someone check what a Seat Leon reference sport 2.0 tdi is please ?

bull20

RMS Regular
Drives
163PS Focus
Megane, from group 10-19.
Happy enough with that, must say she shifts well for a group 10 motor :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.