new megane problem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Alun VR6

Drives
MK3 Golf VR6
anyone here work with renaults?

This morning on my way home from work my Megane (2 year old) starting spluttering and an orange light flashes on dash, according to the manual something to do with "Toxic Fumes". Gonna call Renault tomorrow to get it looked at, just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
dunno if coils still give bother with them but if it's dropping onto 3 cyld then thats what it'l be more than likely, common problem on my shape of megane !

Ruth

RMS Regular
yeah my moneys on coil pack or faulty lambda sensor. Had both probs a few times on the clio.

Alun VR6

OP
A
Drives
MK3 Golf VR6
cheers.

Talked to a guy in work with the same motor, he says his car had the exact same problem..faulty coil...seems to be a common fault with these...one of many! :worried:

Shall be phoning Renault today to get it sorted under warranty

Alun VR6

OP
A
Drives
MK3 Golf VR6
along with clutch pedal no longer being able to start the car, door pockets filling with water when it rains, creaking dashboard at drivers side, squeaking brakes and a knocking from the front when goin over even small speed bumps...what a load of cheap ****.

Gareth868

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW ///M3
couldnt of said it better mate, Renaults are s***e thats why i'm selling mine !!

Ruth

RMS Regular
this is why i bought a toyota n ditched the reno! Would break your heart the amount of hassle renos give.

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Welcome to the wonderful world of Renault.

I had two Renaults, great engines (both diesels) but the cars were ****e. Bought a Peugoet, gave up on that one after 18 months. Now on my second Vauxhall, not a problem with either of them (other than I kept crashing the Astra).

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
more than likely a coil!

and as for the clutch pedal not being able to start it, 2 things in the same area this normally is! either the clutch pedal switch has fell out or got stuck, or more commonly as i have seen on about 15 of them including one i had for a month, the wires break as they are not long enough! a known fault to renault!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.