New Purchase

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Some people will already have seen this from other forums or the WIP threads. - Its such a class little car, it deserves its own thread before I strip it.

Here we have my Latest purchase. A 1990, 1.4 L Vauxhall Nova. It’s done under 500 miles between every MOT, Just 9 miles a week since new. Totalling 8418 genuine miles.

The Elderly male first owner gave it to his sister in 1992, and from then until 2006, she wrote down the miles upon every fill of petrol, the price of the petrol and the date when filled. It’s shocking that 20.1 litres of fuel cost her £10 in 1992!! Wish it was that cheap now.

The pictures below detail just how genuine and clean the car is. It’s absolutely shocking that a Nova can last 16 years and remains in such good condition.

However I bought the car for a purpose, and that’s to build a new Nova Turbo. I’ve sold the shell from NDZ 1331, and kept all the good parts. (this wasn’t planned, but it makes more sence using this shell than using my existing one with the smoothed bay etc)

The 1.4 Engine from this is for sale – See for sale section.

newnova2.jpg

newnova1.jpg

sunroof.jpg

right.jpg

indicator.jpg

front.jpg

14nova.jpg

arch1.jpg

engine6.jpg

engine5.jpg

engine4.jpg

engine3.jpg

engine2.jpg

engine1.jpg

mileage.jpg

Keith

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Certainly looks crisp!

Whats the craic with the other one, was it all stripped and sold? Is this the start of a new project?

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Boydie said:
very clean but why write down the miles between fill ups?? :confounded:

No idea - but i do know she cryed when the last owner rang her to congradulate her on such a fantastic car. I guess she just loved the car? She was too old to drive, hence it was sold on.

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Lyons said:
Certainly looks crisp!

Whats the craic with the other one, was it all stripped and sold? Is this the start of a new project?

Just the shell is sold, new owner pics it up next week. The plan is to build a concourse 16v turbo from this. I didnt plan to reshell the other, but when something like this comes along you cant turn it down (well if you love novas like i do)

Keith

2fast4u

RMS Regular
Drives
V50, MT-10, MSX
A guy I work with has a few novas, including a orginal Mk1 SR with not too many miles and a looky looky sport. Ill let him know.:cool:

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Absolutely unreal. Defo will be a shame to strip it, but I suppose theres nothing else cut out for the job in your eyes.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
wingnut said:
Absolutely unreal. Defo will be a shame to strip it, but I suppose theres nothing else cut out for the job in your eyes.

Its a tough decision. but i have another one in the same condition.

I'd only end up buying a half decent one full of rust and spend a fortune trying to fix it.

Keith

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Excellent, love that blue tack blue mk1!!!

Cant wait too see it, are you just transfering the majority of the minty parts from ur mk2 over?

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
holy god that thing looks as if its only out of the factory!!

good find and good luck keith, cant wait to see the finish result

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Where the heck do you find them Keith? I Would love a wee Nova like that, just to keep totally mint.

On one hand it's a shame to strip it, but on the other at least everyone nows you'll do one hell of a job.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
marcusplowman said:
Your not wise! What colour you goin to do it???

Pink :party:

Actually i've no idea, but i'm not going to try and decide until the shells ready for paint.

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
wingnut said:
Are you keeping the mk1 front on it?

No - Thought long and hard about it. Its being used to reshell the old car so will look the same. Maybe a few tiny bespoke parts..

Keith

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.