new yoke..EK4

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

civic_c

RMS Regular
Havent posted on here in agains so just thought i would post the newest addition......

only have here 90% standard apart from a ''prototype'' decat, will allow the car to pass the mot not a problem but still gives bhp+.

matador red ek4 ( marron but its not lol)

dyno'd @ 173.2bhp

stock images
7b31_1.jpg

7c39_1.jpg

we vid, was too close to the fan so cant really hear much, wont link right so see below

http://www.jon44w.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=103615

due to start the mod's next week if i can manage to get the engine out, so will keep posting up progress ..

C&C welcome

cheers

ek4

RMS Regular
Drives
ek4
is the de-cat the only mod mate?

if it is 13bhp is a bit optimistic from a de-cat alone:confounded:

nice colour of civic anyway(y)

civic_c

RMS Regular
OP
C
yes only the ''decat'' you would be surprised what they can release, theres no aftermarket intake nor will their be one it it as i dyno proved on another vti the standard is better. ( thats in response to a pm)

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
same here rik, would be intersting to see how the old H22A1 has faired out after 16 years, compared to the B16A2's in these.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Their great fun cars

Wish I RR'd mine before the mods

4-2-1, De-Cat and a good Cat Back system along with a good induction kit tottaly transformed mine

What have you planned for it mate?

civic_c

RMS Regular
OP
C
will get a few pics up of the ''items'' to go in tomorrow..........

rik, there will prob be a csc rr day in a month or so if your up for it, usually a good day out, its approx £30 in S Gaults.

last time there was a good turn out

ek4

RMS Regular
Drives
ek4
yes only the ''decat'' you would be surprised what they can release, theres no aftermarket intake nor will their be one it it as i dyno proved on another vti the standard is better. ( thats in response to a pm)

if it could release 13bhp over a 17" long pipe i will eat my de-cat pipe:grinning:
maybe a couple of bhp yes:scream:

civic_c

RMS Regular
OP
C
well only posting what the dyno put out. not goin to argue. when i get the scanner durning the week i'l scan it up sure..

s gaults dyno has proven v accurate before at the csc rr day a standard vti put out near factory at 158bhp,

egvti

RMS Regular
Drives
eg vti civic
can you tell me/us what kind the decat is how much and were ya got it from im buyin an ek9 and if i got 13bhp from a decat itll be closer to the 200bhp mark

please dont keep us in suspense and spill the beans lad

ek4

RMS Regular
Drives
ek4
can you tell me/us what kind the decat is how much and were ya got it from im buyin an ek9 and if i got 13bhp from a decat itll be closer to the 200bhp mark

please dont keep us in suspense and spill the beans lad

dream on:-#

a straight thru pipe will give you the best increase(y)
you can get an adjustable de-cat online from various places
which you will prob need as you cat will be shorter than the uk spec
as yours is an import(y)

think its more to do with the variations of rolling roads that this bhp figure
was quoted

i have had my ek4 on the rollers up here in the north more than some people
have washed their car:laughing:
had my car on a certain set of rollers it was 170bhp the first time then 163bhp the second with the same set-up on a different day:confounded:

i have changed my set-up now so should be an increase,couldnt be bothered
putting it on again as i know myself its improved:laughing:
rolling roads are a lottery imo,but are useful of course(y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.