New Z900 RS Cafe

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I think it's more about it having the legendary "Z900" badge and the hipster appeal that gives it the price, rather than being the flagship in the range. Bit like how a classic Z900 had more appeal in terms of value than a Z1300 has, even though the 1300 with the 6cyl engine seemed like the daddy back in the day.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
I think it's more about it having the legendary "Z900" badge and the hipster appeal that gives it the price, rather than being the flagship in the range. Bit like how a classic Z900 had more appeal in terms of value than a Z1300 has, even though the 1300 with the 6cyl engine seemed like the daddy back in the day.
I like the Cafe 900 because it looks like a modern version of my GPZ750 R1, providing the bike fits me as I am 6` 4", I will buy one.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Saw it in the flesh today and it is lovely! Quite a high seat on it to what I thought it was going to be. It's dear though compared to other retro bikes.

20171120_143411.jpg
20171120_143339.jpg
20171120_142045.jpg

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Motorcycle live @ NEC mate. Some unreal bikes to see, near didn't have time to get round them all! Got a test ride on an MT10 an all and am seriously tempted!
I love how the Z Cafe looks in pictures but in the metal I may hate it. I would like something retro but reliable.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I love how the Z Cafe looks in pictures but in the metal I may hate it. I would like something retro but reliable.

I think the pics do it no justice, lovely colour and finish in the flesh! Is McCallen getting one over here for you to have a look at?

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
I think the pics do it no justice, lovely colour and finish in the flesh! Is McCallen getting one over here for you to have a look at?
They will have a showroom Z900 first of all but Luke confirmed today that they aren’t restricting numbers so no quick flip / profit to be made.
The MT10 gets great reviews but looks too modern for me.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
They will have a showroom Z900 first of all but Luke confirmed today that they aren’t restricting numbers so no quick flip / profit to be made.
The MT10 gets great reviews but looks too modern for me.

Yeah they had a few of the other z900s there and they all looked class. Even had an original one sitting and have to say it looked better than them all!

MT10 looks are very subjective, I’d never personally have gone for something like that before but there’s something about it I’m drawn to. It real easy to ride as well which surprised me for it being such a weapon!

migs

RMS Regular
@gav525 im riding an MT10 at the minute but im seriously tempted by one of these lol Altho I can see myself holding out another year and waiting on a low mile demo or something as I can see the £10400 price being pretty firm!

Also... I do love my MT10... Probably the best bike ive owned.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Motorcycle live @ NEC mate. Some unreal bikes to see, near didn't have time to get round them all! Got a test ride on an MT10 an all and am seriously tempted!
@gav525
Just spoke to Hursts, they have an MT10 SP at £11k :worried: more than the Z900 Cafe. They are sending me a video.........

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Lol, unfortunately the only colour I’d have is the 60th anniversary, and there’s only 1 for sale at the minute at Wigan Yamaha on autotrader. Bet that sounds class though with that can on it @migs :heart_eyes:

@David.S i went to see the SP at hursts the day after I crashed the GSXR at Kirkistown, unfortunately I was in no fit state to ride it though. The SP does appeal to me, but for the 2.5k extra, I’d struggle to feel the difference in the suspension. I do love the dash and seat of the SP though!

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Lol, unfortunately the only colour I’d have is the 60th anniversary, and there’s only 1 for sale at the minute at Wigan Yamaha on autotrader. Bet that sounds class though with that can on it @migs :heart_eyes:

@David.S i went to see the SP at hursts the day after I crashed the GSXR at Kirkistown, unfortunately I was in no fit state to ride it though. The SP does appeal to me, but for the 2.5k extra, I’d struggle to feel the difference in the suspension. I do love the dash and seat of the SP though!
@gav525
Hope you and the bike are okay?
I plan to call over and have a look but looking at @migs bike, it looks too modern for me, too many settings. That was why I liked the Z900 Cafe, looked old like me...

I am more used to something like this;

3333.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
@gav525
If you need any decals let me know as our label designer can do them.

Ah that would’ve been handy mate as Suzuki wanted a fortune for them being the 20th anniversary edition. Ended up getting Chinese replicas, so I’ll find out tomorrow what they look like. Needed all new fairings also :tired_face:

I’ll give you a shout next time I come off on the track though (y);)

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Ah that would’ve been handy mate as Suzuki wanted a fortune for them being the 20th anniversary edition. Ended up getting Chinese replicas, so I’ll find out tomorrow what they look like. Needed all new fairings also :tired_face:

I’ll give you a shout next time I come off on the track though (y);)
Buy some sh1te plastics for track days better still buy a track bike.
Were you wearing leathers with armour when you crashed ? Kangaroo hide is supposed to be better than cow hide.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Buy some sh1te plastics for track days better still buy a track bike.
Were you wearing leathers with armour when you crashed ? Kangaroo hide is supposed to be better than cow hide.

Funny thing was that was the gsxr's last track day before I was going to sell it for a proper track bike! Was going to fix it up into a track bike, but I'd rather a 600 I think.

And yes full leathers, which definitely saved me from worse injury, but I wasn't impressed by the way the fabric inner arms were the first to touch the tarmac!
20170822_174124.jpg
20170822_174210.jpg
20170822_174156.jpg
20170822_174315.jpg
20170822_174146.jpg
20170818_122227.jpg
20170818_122206.jpg

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Funny thing was that was the gsxr's last track day before I was going to sell it for a proper track bike! Was going to fix it up into a track bike, but I'd rather a 600 I think.

And yes full leathers, which definitely saved me from worse injury, but I wasn't impressed by the way the fabric inner arms were the first to touch the tarmac!
View attachment 172968 View attachment 172972 View attachment 172974 View attachment 172975 View attachment 172976 View attachment 172977 View attachment 172978
Wow don’t like the fabric inner arms , I had a set of Spyke leathers and they were full leather but with chest ventilation = freezing at any speed above 30mph. I had to tape them up.
Do race suits have fabric?

migs

RMS Regular
Lol, unfortunately the only colour I’d have is the 60th anniversary, and there’s only 1 for sale at the minute at Wigan Yamaha on auto trader. Bet that sounds class though with that can on it @migs :heart_eyes:

@David.S i went to see the SP at Hurst's the day after I crashed the GSXR at Kirkistown, unfortunately I was in no fit state to ride it though. The SP does appeal to me, but for the 2.5k extra, I’d struggle to feel the difference in the suspension. I do love the dash and seat of the SP though!

@gav525 I have contemplated painting mine in some of the speedblock schemes but if I don't change in 2018 I will def change in 2019 and cant justify spending that money for someone else to enjoy it! I just added a blue R1 mudguard and I think Ill colour code a few of the other panels blue as well, I get bored easily lol The Racefit pipe was expensive but its looks stunning and does indeed sound awesome on full chat especially with the quickshifter!

I couldn't see the £2500 worth in an SP either although the Demo in Hurst's is coming near the price now, it was the cheapest SP on Auto Trader a few weeks ago when it was first advertised! I would def recommend a test ride when your fit and well again!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Wow don’t like the fabric inner arms , I had a set of Spyke leathers and they were full leather but with chest ventilation = freezing at any speed above 30mph. I had to tape them up.
Do race suits have fabric?

The race suits I was looking at at the show the other day had fabric in the same place for ventilation. I showed the Alpinestars the photos and he just laughed and said I dont fall correctly and I’ll learn lol. I can hopefully get the repaired anyways.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
The race suits I was looking at at the show the other day had fabric in the same place for ventilation. I showed the Alpinestars the photos and he just laughed and said I dont fall correctly and I’ll learn lol. I can hopefully get the repaired anyways.
If he had said that to me I would have lost it. :mad:
A few pictures on social media showing others how poor their suits are.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
If he had said that to me I would have lost it. :mad:
A few pictures on social media showing others how poor their suits are.

That did cross my mind, but then at the end of the day I suppose the suit did it’s job and saved me from worse injury. The gloves I was surprised at given that they merely brushed off the ground for a short space of time! 120mph thorough, so could’ve been a lot worse!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.