NI motorbike festival

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dusty

RMS Regular
OP
Dusty
Drives
Honda CR-V
I've got tickets anyway so will report back on Friday all being well. Haven't been for a few years to any of the shows but you used to be able to pick up a few bargains, hopefully it'll be the same this year as I'm after a set of leathers.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Fantastic pictures, I have free tickets lying but didn't head. Might take a spin down today.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Thank you @jonny_w It's definitely a decent enough show for those into bikes. I am not, and I still enjoyed it. Only downside some of the traders selling sweets etc. has more room than some bike dealers.

Dusty

RMS Regular
OP
Dusty
Drives
Honda CR-V
Was around it and out in less than an hour. Some nice bikes on show but the traders weren't interested, I went twice to crossans to buy a lid, guy there was too interested in chatting to his mates. No real show bargains either.

No italian bikes on show at all, wouldn't rush back to it to be honest.

genman

G
Mate was working at it and said it was sh1t... display areas far too small for the stock some wanted to display... stall was 5mx4m and was expected to show bikes and kit..... my kitchen is that size.
Few new bikes since most haven't released 2017 models....so there was nothing to entice me anywhere near it.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Mate was working at it and said it was sh1t... display areas far too small for the stock some wanted to display... stall was 5mx4m and was expected to show bikes and kit..... my kitchen is that size.
Few new bikes since most haven't released 2017 models....so there was nothing to entice me anywhere near it.

Let's be fair;
Stall size depends on what you've paid for. (Honda/KTM/Harley/Yamaha all had pretty big displays!) and its hardly the shows fault if some manufacturers haven't brought out new models...

genman

G
Let's be fair;
Stall size depends on what you've paid for. (Honda/KTM/Harley/Yamaha all had pretty big displays!) and its hardly the shows fault if some manufacturers haven't brought out new models...
Does however show a poor level of organisation

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Didn't think it was up to much myself.Not enough new models on display.Mate was looking for a paddock stand and couldn't find anyone selling them.Also tried to buy a Shoei helmet and couldn't get anybody to even talk to me.Was round the whole thing in an hour!

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
Thank you @jonny_w It's definitely a decent enough show for those into bikes. I am not, and I still enjoyed it. Only downside some of the traders selling sweets etc. has more room than some bike dealers.
is the fireblade you took pics of not 2016 model

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline

Attachments

• IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 65

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
We did get the new 765 Street Triple which MCN are boasting hasn't been seen anywhere in the UK until their show.

NotKG

Banned
i thought it was gawd awful.
i'm going to look for a lid this week as the wife is getting me one for my birthday, but tried to get a fitting at the crossans stand and just buy one there,, and there was as pretty much said above, "no Fks given" ...
think the xspirit 3 is the new me. :laughing:

Adam

RMS Regular
Went last year and it was pretty crap. The hall is far too small to do a proper show. We go to the NEC bike show every year instead where you can actually see decent stuff.

Dusty

RMS Regular
OP
Dusty
Drives
Honda CR-V
Went last year and it was pretty crap. The hall is far too small to do a proper show. We go to the NEC bike show every year instead where you can actually see decent stuff.

Not a bad idea actually, flights are cheap too.

Adam

RMS Regular
Yeah if you book it in advance its not bad and it takes most of the day just to get round all the stands. Plus you get to actually sit on all the new bikes etc.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.