NI Regional fuel prices thread

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
A little shop in Dervock near Ballymoney has one petrol pump and one diesel. Their diesel is £1.60 😯

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Has it ever been this expensive before? I remember it was nuts about 10 years back but not sure it broke through 150ppl.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Has it ever been this expensive before? I remember it was nuts about 10 years back but not sure it broke through 150ppl.

Exactly - was 2012 when prices were 150+ for SUL

That was one reason why I left Ballymena RFC as the cost of travelling to training by myself was too much at the time

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Last night it was 149.9 looked tonight when I was walking the dog it’s leapt up to 159.9 in a day 😡🤬

Our circumstances are changing too and it looks like I could be doing 1300-1400 miles a month for atleast a few months great timing 🤦‍♂️🙁
F4E5B1D9-D875-425A-98F7-8669A099734D.jpeg

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
@gary1365 just a fyi i rang the depo close to me and got chatting I asked about the diesel. They are 159.5 atm but he said its jumping to 163.9 come Monday I'd say it'll be that before Monday but time will tell.

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
164.9 for diesel at a circle k just outside enniskillen and then in newtownbutler at a supervalu it's 144.9 madness what a few mile does

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Paid 156.9 for super last night at the Texaco on the Dublin Road in enniskillen.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
1000 litres at a local heating oil supplier this morning @ 0900 £776, tonight £843.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
150.9 for unleaded, 151.9 for derv at the BP in Lisburn and 157.9 for ultimate petrol. Cost me £6 more to fill the car than it did on Saturday morning.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Not really when the cost of electric, gas and home heating oil is going up just as much if not more.

Gas and electric could double in price again, and I still wouldn't use what I use on a 15 mile each way commute.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Gas and electric could double in price again, and I still wouldn't use what I use on a 15 mile each way commute.

Same. If I was to commute I'd be spending £20 a day on fuel, easily.

Warmer weather is coming and to be honest I rarely need to run the heat during the day anyway.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
What do you commute in, a Lamborghini?

Simple maths. 30 miles @ 30mpg (drive from Belfast, up over white mountain to Nutts Corner) with an average PPL of diesel at 154.9 is £7.04 per day.

F31 330D BMW, which can do much higher MPG, but city traffic and hills would make anything hard on fuel.

GF (who loves the heat and has no idea how off switches work on electronics) is already working from home, not using anywhere close to that.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Simple maths. 30 miles @ 30mpg (drive from Belfast, up over white mountain to Nutts Corner) with an average PPL of diesel at 154.9 is £7.04 per day.

F31 330D BMW, which can do much higher MPG, but city traffic and hills would make anything hard on fuel.

GF (who loves the heat and has no idea how off switches work on electronics) is already working from home, not using anywhere close to that.

Its the additional things I end up spending money on by going into the office that pushes the costs up, working in the centre of Belfast I can easily spend £15 a day on lunch and coffees.

Fortunately we are only going to a hybrid model, 3 days at home and 2 in the office. But even that will be an adjustment having been full time WFH for the past 2 years