NI Speed Weekend at Eikon Complex, Lisburn - Sun 28th, Mon 29th August 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Would've preferred to have paid a concession price for the kids instead of getting totally bucked at the play area, £10 for about 10 mins total on a merry go round, inflatable slide and a trampoline? Not good.

You should have been there on Monday. We promised our son he could go on the bouncy castle while we were over watching the motorbike stunt show and the auto testing. When we turned around at 4.30pm to head over that direction the bouncy castle and inflatable slide had been deflated. We walked over that way anyway and everything was being packed up - even though the event was supposed to be open until 6pm.

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
were the helicopters real, there was a spitfire at last years GI jive and it was tacky fibreglass and box steel. poor effort.

Yeh both real helicopters.

I was there for a bit on Sunday and to be fair the show and shine was a poor effort. This was probably down to the fact there were about 3 other car shows on that day. If this was the only event then I'm sure the hall would have been packed, but the car scene being split over 4 shows reduced the numbers at all I'm sure.

Drifting was hard to view due to the bails, same with the sprint.

On the Monday there was less, but due to there being no Show and Shine at all I'm not overly surprised by that. I sneakily parked the Forester indoors to keep it handy to me. I was mostly helping photograph the Dream Rides thing, and despite the fact there were less cars it was still pretty constant use out of all the cars.

@WSM I very much enjoyed the noise of the M4 when it was passing me on track.

My reccomendation would be to try and plan it when there wasn't other car shows on (weekend before and after have very little on) to attract more show cars to the Show and Shine aspect, and having it on the Saturday and Sunday rather than on a Bank holiday, as a lot of people still work bank holidays.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Yeh both real helicopters.

I was there for a bit on Sunday and to be fair the show and shine was a poor effort. This was probably down to the fact there were about 3 other car shows on that day. If this was the only event then I'm sure the hall would have been packed, but the car scene being split over 4 shows reduced the numbers at all I'm sure.

Drifting was hard to view due to the bails, same with the sprint.

On the Monday there was less, but due to there being no Show and Shine at all I'm not overly surprised by that. I sneakily parked the Forester indoors to keep it handy to me. I was mostly helping photograph the Dream Rides thing, and despite the fact there were less cars it was still pretty constant use out of all the cars.

@WSM I very much enjoyed the noise of the M4 when it was passing me on track.

My reccomendation would be to try and plan it when there wasn't other car shows on (weekend before and after have very little on) to attract more show cars to the Show and Shine aspect, and having it on the Saturday and Sunday rather than on a Bank holiday, as a lot of people still work bank holidays.
I was asked by @MATT93 to be in a Jap group stand. I honestly though there was a load of other car goups going but i think it was us and a Subaru group. And with us all meeting in Sprucefield beforehand I'd pretty much seen them all before I'd got indoors! Somewhere to sit and spectate would have suited me , I'd have happily sat all day. But standing about from 8 till 4 (had to be in and set up and i left early) i was knackered and pretty bored.
Would still go back , i think it'll get better.

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Yeh I think they were about the only groups not at Modified Motors in Fintona or at NI BMW in Carrickfergus. Think there was a Mini show on in Portrush as well as a Vauxhall meet somewhere. So basically it should have been bigger, just on the wrong day.

Bryan

RMS Regular
It certainly has the potential and the space to pull it off. I think that they should provide those bouncy castles FOC for kids to keep them entertained while the grown ups watch the action.

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Apparently it is happening at Coalisland.

Whether it really will or not is another matter though...or how accessible it will ever be to mere mortals.

LOL will believe that when I see it.........can't see that coming off.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.