nissan 200 s14 advice

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

buster

RMS Regular
Drives
mk1 Aud TiTy
i might be buying one at the weekend but i dont know alot about them..I know i need full service history but thats about it..Can anyone give me any advice on them and when the timing belt needs changed etc(thats if its not a chain)
cheers

Marc

RMS Moderator
www.sxoc.co.uk

go do a search on there, read the technical forum, it will give you an idea of problems

timing chain needs changed every 160k i read, tho a lot of people say different

listen for rattely bottom ends

the manifold-turbo gaskets have a habit of blowing

the water pipes to turbo have a habit of splitting

look for rust around the usual places

check for smokey turbo

and all the normal stuff

skeets

RMS Regular
Drives
330d
yea as marc said the sxoc is full of good info. check out the buyers guide in the "useful threads" sticky in the "s14 technical" forum. The other threads in there will give you an idea of what your getting in to as well ;)

something that may not be in the buyers guide is to open the boot and pull away the boot liner to check the rear quarters for repairs, 99% of them have slight dents etc here as they are so tail happy in the wet. Not really "walk away" material, but more of a bargaining point (y)

....seen the cyborg about bangor, v nice :grinning:

wheres the s14?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.