Nissan Murano owners stereo issue

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Monty632

Drives
Nissan Murano
Hi

I have been doing a bit of research but am yet to find a definitive answer.
I am looking to replace my murano stereo with an aftermarket stereo but I have read that the radio is tied in with the ac controls and it is more hassle that it is worth. I have also read that the uk model is different to the American model and this shouldn't be the case.

Just wondering if anyone local has changed their stereo in a murano and if it is as big a job as some are making out.

Thanks

avo5021

RMS Regular
Send Brocks a pm, he has just fitted an aftermarket unit to his Murano, in fact Ollie fitted it for him and as far as i am aware the headunit may be up for sale again in the near future..

brocks

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
I fitted ( well Ollie fitted ) an aftermarket JVC double din to mine with no issues. You require a harness and a patch lead to retain steering wheel controls. The only issue is getting a double din fascia plate that actually fits properly!!

The harness was about £30 and the patch lead about £3.50

My fascia plate was £15 and was pretty rubbish tbh

The patch lead only works sporadically, but no issues with uk spec hvac controls. Mine has the uk spec satnav unit fitted too

Will try and find the links required and host a couple of pics later. I also fitted an external temp gauge, voltmeter and clock unit from eBay for about £8 which sits above the rearview mirror and took about 30 secs to fit !!

Monty632

OP
M
Drives
Nissan Murano
Cheers brocks thats good to know. I was just yesterday quoted £45 for the "bose" lead and another £45 for the lead to retain the use of the steering wheel controls.
Would appreciate any links you could give for the harness, facia, clock unit etc so I can gather the stuff up.
Mine is UK spec also and came with the 2 DVD screens that drop down from the roof.
If possible I would be looking a unit that plays divx that I could send into the screens in the back for the wee man. Dont really fancy carrying a load of DVDs around.

I am a bit green on all this stuff so any help you could give would be appreciated. Dont want to get ripped off.

Cheers

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Got my leads from :http://incartec.co.uk/Manufacturer/Model/Brand/Device/Radio/Browser.aspx

From memory there are 2 very similar types plus the additional patch lead, worth calling to make sure you get the order numbers right

Fascia plate was similar to this : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-MU...730?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5648939042

But as mentioned not a great fit tbh......

Worth giving Ollie a shout to fit, as he knows his way round these quite well now !!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vehicle-D...383?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35c71a2dff

This is well worth the £5 or so and 2 minutes to fit, mine sits above the rearview mirrow and the sensor then mounts through a grommet at the door mirror and comes out to sit flush around fog light level;

S

Brian McC

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Murano
On every forum there is always somebody who brings up an old post - well it's me this time :cool:

so anyway... same as above any recent hints or tips or info much appreciated (or is the above still relevant?) so I can bring my 2006 audio up to date - I am currently using an mp3 radio bluetooth adaptor thing stuck in the centre console armrest so not exactly perfect

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
@Brian McC everything I posted above supplier wise is still current and running the same prices etc.......basically, find a decent double DIN headhunt that suits your purposes, then add the leads etc from the links above and you should have a decent stereo with handsfree and nav if you opt for it. Some decent headhunts floating about on here from time to time at good £££ too :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.