Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R - Single Turbo Conversion *OEM-ness PG4*

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
Hello! It's been long overdue but I thought I would put up a thread on my car. Loads of people asking me why I haven't posted 3/4 threads a month haha! But finally after yapping so much about selling my first GTR I got another and I won't ever be selling it again. I've had it coming up a year but just kept it quiet whilst I got it to a stage I'd be happy posting it.

Up to this point I have spent quite a lot of time/money/effort getting it to the stage it is at now. When I purchased the car it was originally fitted with a wide arch IMPUL Racing kit which I hated. I believe it was imported from Japan this way around 7 years ago by THEGTRSHOP.

One majorly cool thing about it *read: many JDM Scene Points* (and something I've not yet seen working in another one) is the Nismo Multifunction Display. It's fully operational and runs off an old school computer and GPS system. It has functions like Speed/Distance/G-Force/Lap Timer/Power & Torque. It really is an awesome rare piece of kit and I'll be sure to upload a video of it in action shortly.

Since import it has done very little miles as the previous keeper kept it locked in a garage and had no real time for it. I made him an offer around August of last year and the car was mine! The first thing I did was remove the awful kit and underneath I'm pleased to report there was no nasties! This is a rust free car and I intend on keeping it that way.

Anyway, after washing the car it became apparent that the kit had left little rub marks where it was in contact with the original paintwork. Oh well! As I was planning on keeping the car there would be nothing else for it but a full, windows out, respray in the original KL0 silver. I used a bodyshop that have done a lot of work for me in the past and suffice to say that it is an excellent job I could honestly not have hoped for better!

The next thing to do was to make sure that the car was 100% mechanically sound as it had sat not driving for so long I wanted it perfect! Therefore a trip to Bradley Motorworks was in order. He carried out the following:

- New NGK BCR8ES Plugs
- Shell 10W60 Oil and Filter
- Replace Timing Belt
- New Nissan Water Pump
- Replace All Aux Belts
- Coolant Refresh
- Change Gearbox Oil
- Change LSD Oil
- Replace Tie Rod Bushes
- Replace Rear ARB
- Replace Rack Boots
- Replace Front Lower Bottom Ball Joints
- Replace Rear Hicas ball joints
- Replace Inner CV Boots

It was then remapped for our ***** 97RON Fuel and it was compression tested and he said it was as close to perfect as you could get - result! Then I fitted 4 Brand New Michelin PS2 tyres. Needless to say driving it after all this work was genuinely like night and day!

After this I then set about purchasing a few tricky to find items... For example, I really wanted the genuine Nissan Rear Spats which are so bloody expensive and hard to find. I eventually ended up ordering a set from eBay Australia (of all places!) and getting them painted and fitted a few days ago which I'm well chuffed about!

So the current spec of the car is as follows (probably forgot loads)

1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R S1 (V-Spec)

- GReddy T78-33D Single Turbo Conversion
- BBS RG 18X9 ET20
- Apexi PFC & Hand Controller (Mapped by Bradley Motorworks)
- Electronic Boost Controller
- HKS Induction Kit
- HKS Silent Power Exhaust System
- Twin Blitz BOV
- FET Turbo Timer
- NISMO Multifunction Display & Computer
- NISMO Suspension
- NISMO Gearknob
- NISMO Spoiler End Caps
- NISMO AFMs
- NISMO Bonnet Lip (Genuine)
- NISMO Style Bonnet Vent
- Trust Front Splitter

Anyway enough blabbering and onto the pictures - I took these today and before I fitted my clear indicators at the front - but I'll post some progress pictures as things move on.

I'm on the lookout for a set of new alloys! If anyone has any interest in the current ones feel free to PM me. I think they would suit an R32 GTR down to the ground and be the PERFECT offset, on an R33 they really could use some spacers. I'm thinking of going for a set of TE37s which would finish the exterior nicely!

1_zpsbqkecay0.jpg~original

2_zpsjk8hgwjc.jpg~original

4_zpsvqxhksdf.jpg~original

3_zpsdzhzrndz.jpg~original

5_zpslhg2tvrj.jpg~original

6_zpsrv37jg3a.jpg~original

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Thanks for the kind words fellas! I just realised I need to get some engine bay photos up! I'll have to take some the next time I'm giving it a quick clean.

Also forgot to mention I got an "Autoart" Model of the R33 GTR in the correct colour, haha! Anyone who's quite sad like me will know the quality of these models and how god damn hard to fine they are for 'rare' ones like this. Seen it pop up on eBay and couldn't resist - I'd been looking once for about 6 months before it appeared - happy days!

model_zpsdixe2xku.jpg~original

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
GTR greatness! Splitter doesn't look right silver I think..... What sort a BHP is it?

Thanks :grinning: It's an aftermarket TRUST item so they are designed to be painted body colour but yes the OEM ones in the black plastic are nice also, I just prefer this look :grinning:

At the moment I can only run it on a relatively Low Boost (want to preserve what's left of the clutch before I change it for an uprated one), which was rolling loaded at somewhere just below 500BHP.

The Turbo that is in it is capable of just over 700BHP (T78-33D) given the right clutch and internals , but the thing is fast enough for me at the moment.

GReddy_Turbo_Chart3.jpg

Trust GReddy Full Turbo Kit T78 33D - BNR34 RB26 - RHDJapan - This is the kit, really is such a reliable big old-school Turbo with proper lag haha but when it comes on to boost Jesus Christ it can go!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Stunning example, though I'd be inclined to agree about the splitter being questionable in silver.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Stunning example, though I'd be inclined to agree about the splitter being questionable in silver.

I know what you mean but I think if I was doing anything it would be an OEM Series 3 Splitter which I did consider... but it's £500 + all import fees (£100+) for a piece of plastic so I was like **** that lol.

This aftermarket TRUST I have on at the minute wouldn't look as good in black as it's too big I think...

111_zpsgdjhjgwt.jpg~original

Gemma

RMS Regular
Looks tripe

Only joking! Looks great (mental? What age am I lol) Dashboard on board computer is awesome!!! Health to enjoy and throwing more money at :laughing:

EP82JM

RMS Regular
10/10 would ****. 10x the car of any evo..or practically anything at that money lol

I really recognise that reg from somewhere too but cant place it

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
10/10 would ****. 10x the car of any evo..or practically anything at that money lol

I really recognise that reg from somewhere too but cant place it

Cheers!

Yeah it's 100 times the car my EVO was.

As for the Reg... Well I've had it from when it was first issued 2007/2008 think it was when I bought it. Been on loads of stuff many jap, DC5s/DC2/EVO/EP3s/Scoobies etc I've also had random stuff like M3s and other non jap stuff.

hippyross

RMS Regular
The R33 is my favourite skyline and that's a lovely example, any pics with the kit on?

For me I'd have to have the splitter black and te37s :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.