No induction noise ? Fitted air induction kit and removed air box and air resonator. Still silent. Mazda cx3 2.0 petrol. Any ideas please

Thunderace

RMS Regular
Drives
z1000sx
No induction noise. Fitted air intake kit with cone. Removed complete airbox including air resonator. Still silent. Any ideas ? Mazda cx3 2.0 petrol 120 hp. Thank you

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
Don't take this the wrong way but I'd leave the car standard as it is and not be fitting induction kits remaps and looking for pops and bangs.
Hello G N K , I was just considering making the car a bit more individual. I know it's not a boy racer car. It is a lovely car and great experience to drive. Thank you

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
If this is what you are driving, its a decent looking car standard and you would get more credit keeping it spotless so I would start there

Slight lowering would give it a bit more stance and if you have the dual exit exhaust, maybe consider slightly larger tips to fill the slots in the bumper

Maybe debadge the CX-3 and what ever that is on the right, remove the rear wiper. Other than that, I'd leave well alone

1696580085077.png

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
Some like a bit of induction noise, I prefer it to a backbox on some cars. But the truth is, it doesn't have an aggressive cam or likely anything sports orientated on the intake side of the engine, so it probably just won't make alot of noise even with a cone filter on it

Doesn't the 120hp variant only revv to 4000 or 5000 rpm or something too? That wouldn't be helping matters either. I'd revert back to factory setup, though, unlike most N/A petrols, I think a remap on these can lift the power by lifting the Rev limit. I believe the higher power engine is identically internally, with a higher revv limit.

Best check this on a Mazda group though to make sure I'm not getting mixed up with something else.

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
Hi ace 275. Yes I have noticed when stationary it will only rev to 4000 but when driving it goes past that ok. Strange. I would like an induction noise , so I will take of the resonator part of the massive air box and point the cone into the remaining part of the standard air intake box. When fitting the induction tube and cone I removed the entire standard airbox. But no induction noise . So I put the airbox back in , and kept the lid of. The cone fits nicely in the box and points down to the air intake. So I will try removing the resonator part. Thanks mate

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
Hi ace 275. Yes I have noticed when stationary it will only rev to 4000 but when driving it goes past that ok. Strange. I would like an induction noise , so I will take of the resonator part of the massive air box and point the cone into the remaining part of the standard air intake box. When fitting the induction tube and cone I removed the entire standard airbox. But no induction noise . So I put the airbox back in , and kept the lid of. The cone fits nicely in the box and points down to the air intake. So I will try removing the resonator part. Thanks mate

You'll likely get the best performance out of the OEM airbox to be honest

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
You'll likely get the best performance out of the OEM airbox to be honest
True. They must only be effective on modified cars. Would have loved a wee bid of induction noise though. Lol thanks

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
Air resonator in airbox removed. STILL NO INDUCTION NOISE !!. car is like new and don't really want to drill holes in air box. Can't understand it. Air induction kit fitted and no sound. Any ideas anyone please. Yes I believe my 120hp is restricted by mazda for some resonator. Not sure what is involved to up her to the identical 150hp model. Probably an expensive visit to mazda

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
Restricted for some reason I meant
Lol. When driving the car will go to the red line but when stationary revs limited to 4000 ? Not trying to blow her up just trying to get a bit of noise and few more ponies

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
Hi Burt2000 . What is a soft limiter and how can I get rid of it. Recently put a similar air induction kit on my son,s astra j , sounds class. But mazda is silent. Any ideas mate ? Thanks

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
A lot of newer cars have them to reduce noise and probably emissions and also to protect the engine while stationary. I’m not sure if they can be mapped out with a remap. It stops the local boy racers annoying the public with their limiter bashing in the local McDonald’s car park 😂

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
Hi Pablo. That's true. No I definitely will not be drilling holes. The car is like new and tiny miles on her. Just cannot understand it. Thank you

pablo

RMS Moderator
re the bhp some cars have the same mechanicals but a different engine map, the minis used to be like that. The ONE and COOPER had same engine and a remap brought the ONE up to COOPER bhp.

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
re the bhp some cars have the same mechanicals but a different engine map, the minis used to be like that. The ONE and COOPER had same engine and a remap brought the ONE up to COOPER bhp.
Hi Pablo. Yes mate I thought that might be the case. Thanks
As the resident forum stupid loud car owner it’s my job to now suggest straight piping it

Ever thought about a straight pipe ???

Tell Go On GIF
Hi mate. Would that mean doing away with the cat ? Emissions and mot problems. If its possible can you recommend a site to buy from or a good fabricator. Many thanks 😊