No induction noise ? Fitted air induction kit and removed air box and air resonator. Still silent. Mazda cx3 2.0 petrol. Any ideas please

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’ve decatted loads of my cars over the years and never once failed MOT on it. As long as emissions are good they don’t seem to get too hung up about it, although you can still get a jobsworth who might fail you.

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
I’ve decatted loads of my cars over the years and never once failed MOT on it. As long as emissions are good they don’t seem to get too hung up about it, although you can still get a jobsworth who might fail you.
Hello Burt. Thanks for helping me. Yes that's what I would be worried about. Have you any idea why I am getting no induction noise ?
Seems to appear that because mazda put soo much development into particular the skyactive engines , that they run best when left standard
Thanks mate

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
This one has a K&N induction kit. Also has headers and an ECU remap though

Hi Gavlar. Thank you very much for finding that video and sending it to me. I appreciate it. So I am not the only person wants to modify their cx3. Lol

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Hello Burt. Thanks for helping me. Yes that's what I would be worried about. Have you any idea why I am getting no induction noise ?
Seems to appear that because mazda put soo much development into particular the skyactive engines , that they run best when left standard
Thanks mate

I’ve no idea buddy as I’m no mechanic, could it be possibly that there is further restrictions on the air inlet side to detune the engine from factory or something that might be contributing. To my knowledge if theres a straight pipe with a cone on it that’s connected to the throttle body and it still isn’t making an induction sound it probably never will.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I'm gonna guess that the engine has variable length intake runners, and they are super long except right at the top end for better torque/driveability.

My Astra G is the same, absolutely no intake noise, so I fitted a non resonated car back exhaust system.

The only way you'll get decent induction noise is to fit ITBs, but that would be mental.

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
Is this the same engine as fitted to the ford Transit? The Connect version obviously 🤔
I hope not mate 😕
Probably some sort of resonator before the throttle body
I think you could be right mate
I'm gonna guess that the engine has variable length intake runners, and they are super long except right at the top end for better torque/driveability.

My Astra G is the same, absolutely no intake noise, so I fitted a non resonated car back exhaust system.

The only way you'll get decent induction noise is to fit ITBs, but that would be mental.
Thank you for your reply. Nothing easy these days

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
I’ve no idea buddy as I’m no mechanic, could it be possibly that there is further restrictions on the air inlet side to detune the engine from factory or something that might be contributing. To my knowledge if theres a straight pipe with a cone on it that’s connected to the throttle body and it still isn’t making an induction sound it probably never will.
That's exactly right Burt. Thanks for your help. I think the factory airbox will be going back in again. I know there are plenty of custom mazdas out there, but just not the cx3. And from what I have read it is advised to keep them standard as modifications have too many negative issues. Thanks mate