Nokia ck7w installation

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I have 1 of these arriving tomorrow fir the pick-up, but need some direction.

It's been years since I've installed a nokia kit so can someone advise me on the wires I need to get the power feed from etc off the cars loom?

hardc0re_tid

RMS Regular
Drives
Phat Almera GTi
shouldnt need anything as its all plug and play really. only thing you might need is a pink wire with a black stripe with a bullet connection on the end (interrupt mute) which is already on the nokia kit which MIGHT need plugged into the other pink and black one coming out of the head unit loom.

other than that... cant think of anything else

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I need to tap into the ignition and power if the cars loom surely?

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
you probably will lyons, however, the manual has a very clear wiring diagram and is easy to follow.
my car had one previously installed, but when i changed HU's i had a little rewiring to do.

hardc0re_tid

RMS Regular
Drives
Phat Almera GTi
No its all plug and play. The ck7 kit sits in between the cars power/speakers etc feed to the head unit and the head unit itself. So from the car power you then plug in the ck7 and then the headunit will plug into it. May be lucky to have the interrupt mute built in. If not do as suggested in my other post. Any other problems post up and I'll help out

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Factory. Where do I connect the black ground and blue ignition wire to then?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
shouldnt need anything as its all plug and play really. only thing you might need is a pink wire with a black stripe with a bullet connection on the end (interrupt mute) which is already on the nokia kit which MIGHT need plugged into the other pink and black one coming out of the head unit loom.

Hardcore,
you really need to stop giving people technical advice on this forum when you know flip-all about cars. I've been reading your other unhelpful posts and wish you'd either learn how to work on cars or learn to keep your gob shut. Rant over!
Del

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah

Insane!! This is total garbage. You are stating Alpine's mute wire colour here, none of which are used by VW or Nokia.

Can someone delete this person's posts in this thread?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I did wonder.

Just realised red goes straight to battery and black grounded somewhere. Will save working out what the wires are in the cars loom.

boy_racer996

B
is it not on constant if you wire it straight to the battery, take a live feed of your headunit or ignition? no?

Del can correct me if im wrong!lol ;)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
It automatically turns off after 2 mins if no phone connected.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
AHEM, I'm calm now so here goes....
The BLUE wire of the CK7W kist MUST be connected to an ignition live. This is easiest to access at the passenger-side kickewell (I had to check, as most of the cars I work with are LHD and I believe Ian, that you drive a RHD??)
Anyhoo, I'm almost sure that it's a black/blue wire in the small harness behind the passenger kickwell - please don't sue me if I'm wrong!!
If this wire isn't connected, the Nokia Kit will switch off whether connected to a bluetooth device or not.... REPEAT, this blue wire MUST be CONNECTED - NOT TO BATTERY!! lol
Wire Summary on CK7-W
Red - Batt (+30)
Black - Ground (31)
Blue - Ignition (+15)
Yellow - Mute Signal Output (low)
Plug and play after about an hours fiddling soldering and connecting!!

Now can you all stop bugging me - I have a Range Rover to get on the production lines by the 6th Sept - orders are flooding in and I have to find out where the battery is so I can connect the big thick red wire.... or maybe it's black.... I dunno!!

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
to save pulling the dash apart, is there not an ignition live in the HU's wiring harness? ie to turn the radio on and off on the turn of the key

im nearly 100% sure my CK7W is wiring completely at the HU loom (car side)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Del that's for an old hilux?

The manual does say in some cars an ignition wire isn't available and the unit will just turn off 2mins after use if no phone connected.

What are those numbers- 30, 31 and 15?

hardc0re_tid

RMS Regular
Drives
Phat Almera GTi
Hardcore,
you really need to stop giving people technical advice on this forum when you know flip-all about cars. I've been reading your other unhelpful posts and wish you'd either learn how to work on cars or learn to keep your gob shut. Rant over!
Del

Sorry? I know 'flip all' about cars? You obv know 'flip all' about me then! What unhelpful posts have you read as in my opinion they are fine?

I have first hand experience with car audio and fitted other kit for friends/family... have you seen my install that i have fitted MYSELF? ... no! I have installed MY OWN Nokia CK7W kit twice and have NEVER needed to wire it all up manually. its all been plug and play and sits between the head unit and the car wiring with telemute box etc..... and this pink/black wire, ahem.... sorry to spoil your fun but its part and parcel of the NOKIA loom that i have, not just Alpine, get off your high horse.

PS Keep your gub shut and stop telling me that i know nothing and im not allowed to give advice when i have had first hand experience of installing the same/similar kit

not taking this any further by spamming lyons thread. take it to PM if you like

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
to save pulling the dash apart, is there not an ignition live in the HU's wiring harness? ie to turn the radio on and off on the turn of the key

im nearly 100% sure my CK7W is wiring completely at the HU loom (car side)

no, there's not..... MK4 has, but
MK5 radio is switched on and off via can-bus, ck7w can't read this

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Del that's for an old hilux?

The manual does say in some cars an ignition wire isn't available and the unit will just turn off 2mins after use if no phone connected.

What are those numbers- 30, 31 and 15?

30 - permanent live
31 -ground
15 -full ignition live
I think zee Germans came up with it, just a numeric wire ID to save cluttering up complicated schematics with words.

Although the CK7W instructions state that the kit will work on permanent live, it will more than likely "lock up" and need the power plug pulled out and reconnected frequently. It's best practice to give it the ignition feed.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Sorry? I know 'flip all' about cars? You obv know 'flip all' about me then! What unhelpful posts have you read as in my opinion they are fine?

I have first hand experience with car audio and fitted other kit for friends/family... have you seen my install that i have fitted MYSELF? ... no! I have installed MY OWN Nokia CK7W kit twice and have NEVER needed to wire it all up manually. its all been plug and play and sits between the head unit and the car wiring with telemute box etc..... and this pink/black wire, ahem.... sorry to spoil your fun but its part and parcel of the NOKIA loom that i have, not just Alpine, get off your high horse.

PS Keep your gub shut and stop telling me that i know nothing and im not allowed to give advice when i have had first hand experience of installing the same/similar kit

not taking this any further by spamming lyons thread. take it to PM if you like

I'm really, really sorry and take back everything I said. :sob: please forgive me and be my friend. We can skip through summer meadows, chase butterflies, and maybe even have a pimms and picnic.

hardc0re_tid

RMS Regular
Drives
Phat Almera GTi
I'm really, really sorry and take back everything I said. :sob: please forgive me and be my friend. We can skip through summer meadows, chase butterflies, and maybe even have a pimms and picnic.

that would be awesome if we could!

and the prize for biggest p***k goes too...... ^o)

miniator's kit is the same as mine by the sounds of it and doesnt need wired up in the fassion you have explained.

would it not be easier to get a loom with the connections already there so it does become plug and play?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
that would be awesome if we could!

and the prize for biggest p***k goes too...... ^o)

miniator's kit is the same as mine by the sounds of it and doesnt need wired up in the fassion you have explained.

would it not be easier to get a loom with the connections already there so it does become plug and play?

Actually, as it happens, there are so-called "plug and play" kits available....
I invented them 10 years ago at Autoleads (honest!!)- but they are rarely plug and play because of the huge variations in car looms. We do try, but it's hard, so the best compromise was to make the plugs fit the car and have minimal input from the installer to tailor it for each application, hence you will find 3 or more bullet terminals on these looms.
Nokia do not make these looms, they are separate. Parrot supply the old ISO loom, then sell you another loom to make it work in your car. It's a complicated business and 6 months after I was asked to make "plug and play" leads back in 2000 (yes, I'm old!), I realised it was nigh on impossible to meet the price and produce them to meet the demand, hance the compromise.
Just to give you an idea - there are about 50 part numbers covering 98% of cars (by volume) but to make them truly plug and play would escalate the amount of R+D and production costs involved and the cost of the loom would be closer to the cost of a car-phone kit.
p.s. I admit to being a pr**k, but one that knows cars and knows what he's talking about!! If I don't know, I don't speak, I listen and learn..... :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.