Not a car, but some parts to go on mine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I think I know ;) Should make a nice difference chap, fair play! :imp:

scotty

RMS Regular
Drives
ST Tdci / Saph
what a bizarre coincidence, i was chatting to an RS2000 owner who has purchased some mighty similar components!

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Lol funny seeing the images load from //../rsnutter/..

Pasty Bloater

Banned
OP
Pasty Bloater
Lol its taken you all long enough! Skiman gave the game away ages ago, but nobody picked up on it.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
lol, i quite liked wonderloaf lol

when they gettin fitted?

Pasty Bloater

Banned
OP
Pasty Bloater
lol, i quite liked wonderloaf lol

when they gettin fitted?

Wonderloaf was banned because they though it was pacman/capman :p

So the pastbloater stealthed on.

As for fitting them, i'm not sure. Need to wait for a standard RS ecu wiring diagram from england, then i'll be ready to go.

Just going to take my time, make up a nice loom, then bolt everything into place, which will be followed by a very slow journey up to Steven to get the bugger mapped!

Have two other bits to sort - Throttle cable to mate to the jenvey linkage and plumbing the fuel in along with a pressure regulator. Shouldn't be a big job to sort those out though.

Pasty Bloater

Banned
OP
Pasty Bloater
A petrol drinking beast lol. I don't expect a massive gain from these on an otherwise standard engine though. If i end up with 170bhp, i'll be over the moon!

Twain

RMS Regular
What sort of power delivery do these create? Instant grunt or do they open more after certain revs etc? I bet they will sound superb too.

Ive seen ones fitted without the filter on them..surely they draw all the crap of the day into the engine then?

Pasty Bloater

Banned
OP
Pasty Bloater

Yep in the sti vs RSturbo thread ;)

What sort of power delivery do these create? Instant grunt or do they open more after certain revs etc? I bet they will sound superb too.

Ive seen ones fitted without the filter on them..surely they draw all the crap of the day into the engine then?

They should improve responsivness throughout the rev range. I imagine they will let me make power for longer as the engine is breathing easier. But at a point the reat of the standard components will to to restrict the engine again - Cams, head etc.

I don't think you could run a road car without filters - too much dust etc floating about.

Twain

RMS Regular
maybe they were just taken off for shows..most of the pics ive seen of similar ones didnt have the filter installed. Hope they work as you wish anyways. In terms of modifications can this be filed under 'breathing modifications / air filter' for insurance reasons or is it classified as a type of 'forced induction'?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.