Oil question

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MarkOne

RMS Regular
checked my dip today and its a little low...i drive a fiesta mk6, wat oil is best to use?

brendy

RMS Regular
5w30 or 10w 40 part synthetic will do rightly. you might as well change the oil if you havent done so in the last 6-10k. halfords stuff is as good as any, they were doing offers on prices last time i looked.

MarkOne

RMS Regular
OP
MarkOne
brendy said:
5w30 or 10w 40 part synthetic will do rightly. you might as well change the oil if you havent done so in the last 6-10k. halfords stuff is as good as any, they were doing offers on prices last time i looked.

sorry brendy, the car was serviced at 12000miles and due again at 24000, shes currently on 20000 and my da refilled it last summer...how do i change the oil?

brendy

RMS Regular
basically jack her up, get a 5 litre+ can/container under the sump and undo the nut on the sump, on the fords i think they are towards the back of the sump, when opening it make sure you keep pressure on it until its ready to come away completely otherwise you willl have it down your sleeve.
let it drain out completely, give it a couple of mins, then close her back up, change the filter if you want but its not essential, set the car back down and put about 4 litres into the engine, let her settle for a couple of mins and top up until the dipstick says its bang on max, when you run the engine some of the oil will then sit in the head and oil ways so the reading will come back down very slightly.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Zetec's take 5w30, dont know about duratec...but it will be in your hand book ;)

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
20w50 in the sierra, and it burns it like the hammers, need something thicker...............

gixerboy

RMS Regular
Drives
2.4JTD, Mille R
BurntCarcus said:
Anyone have any veiws on the castrol gtx magnatec oil?
Yeah pretty good stuff but remember regular oil/filter changes are the key to keep your engine fresh!!

5K Diesel 8/10K Petrol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.