Once common cars that you don't see anymore

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Were not exactly common before either, lol, but if anyone fancies one this is for sale and reasonably priced :innocent: 😅

350k for a rally car that, lets be honest, in the grand scheme of things didn't win anything in works guise. You'd have to be a 6R4 super fan to pay that kind of money. Don't get me wrong they sound glorious but I don't think its worth that at all.

starletterry

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne, GT

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I love them but that isn't really a works car so no competition provenance. There are a few over here that were proper works cars in period and TBH, they would be worth that sort of money. Very, very nice build though, probably better than back in the day. Has been for sale since 2017 at that price or more.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Got a run out in one a few years ago and I couldn’t believe how fast it was lol! Absolutely mental!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
They are mental machines. Saw Tony Pond in 1985 at the Donegal., it was like a spaceship had arrived. Pity they never got the chance to develop it properly in competition, it probably would have been capable of better results after a season of competition and some evolution.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Has been for sale since 2017 at that price or more.
I guess that means it's not actually worth that much then... Has it just been sitting in a barn since then?

Then again, one of those cars where you have to find the right buyer and all that. Eventually it will sell.

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti
406 coupe........ Was meant to be a Ferrari you know (my Da's mate used to love spouting this every time someone mentioned that he should have bought a 3 series or and golf gti instead)

Attachments

• IMG_20201210_104351__01.jpg
    IMG_20201210_104351__01.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 111

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Saw one before up close and seen it get launched round Nutts. It was comically fast. It was red blue and yellow... think it was P&O livery or something? Was years ago can't really remember.

Saw one racing a fairly ropey lotus carlton a number of years back and it absolutely destroyed it

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Oh yeah, I was sat beside one in a dyno cell in 1987, it had been sent down by Kenny McKinstry but I'm not sure whose car it was for. Probably Gibson's or Biggerstaff's rallycross cars. Amazing noise flat out on a dyno.. :heart_eyes:

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
My first experience of the 6R4 was Derek McGarrity campaigning one - Possibly at the Fivemiletown Spring Rally or Tour of the Sperrins. Hearing that Metro echo through the forests was quite something.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
406 coupe........ Was meant to be a Ferrari you know (my Da's mate used to love spouting this every time someone mentioned that he should have bought a 3 series or and golf gti instead)
They were a lovely looking car.

Were the 6R4 and RS200 banded from rallying for a few years due to being too powerful and too many accidents, or am I imagining that?

Westbury had a decent rep for sale I remember looking at years ago, rear axle was too narrow though and wheels sat in about 1ft lol

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah, all the works spec Group B cars were banned in that form (3.0 400bhp) and only the Clubman spec cars were allowed to continue (2.5 250-300bhp),

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird