Focus st
IMG_20211001_084452.jpg

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Saw a silver NSX yesterday. Not common at any point but a rare sight these days. Looked tiny too.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Immaculate esprit that lives in the cul de sac of my in laws in Bangor. Usually tucked up in the garage but owner seemed to be working on his daughter's little car so the lotus got to see the daylight.
Esprit is literally the coolest car ever made, period :cool:

Not many still alive, can't remember when I last saw one in the wild. Think the few left are tucked away and never see daylight, never mind get driven 🙁

Was it James May that brought one to South America in old Top Gear? I cried that entire episode! 😅🙈

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Esprit is literally the coolest car ever made, period :cool:

Not many still alive, can't remember when I last saw one in the wild. Think the few left are tucked away and never see daylight, never mind get driven 🙁

Was it James May that brought one to South America in old Top Gear? I cried that entire episode! 😅🙈
It was. We went to a Volvo dealership in Edinburgh to see that very car (my friend has an Esprit SE 2.2 and wanted to see a V8 turbo). This was obviously before Topgear bought it and took it to Argentina.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Eddie Irvine has one of them wee Aston Cygnets here that he runs about in. Has another one in Milan or Monaco as well I think. He must like them lol

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Just checked as I was curious after my post above. That was indeed Eddie Irvine you were following 😁

View attachment 337782

Seen it again since, both times it's been a women driving it as far as I remember

Have little time for Eddie Irvine. He was my favourite racing driver when I was a child.
Asked him for his autograph one day and he told me to f**k off and barged past me, I was probably 9 or 10 at the time

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Seen it again since, both times it's been a women driving it as far as I remember

Have little time for Eddie Irvine. He was my favourite racing driver when I was a child.
Asked him for his autograph one day and he told me to f**k off and barged past me, I was probably 9 or 10 at the time

Ah not sure then, I know he was home last week there going hy his Insta stories but maybe gives it to someone to use when he's not home.

That's pretty rude of him though, no need for anyone to act like that!

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Ah not sure then, I know he was home last week there going hy his Insta stories but maybe gives it to someone to use when he's not home.

That's pretty rude of him though, no need for anyone to act like that!

Yeah, could maybe understand a "Sorry buddy I'm in a rush" if he had things to do, but no need for that sort of behaviour. Plus it was at a public event at Stormont, so not like he was disturbed in his personal time or anything.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Can't be too many of those things around here. They only sold about a hundred in the first place in the UK. If he has two then if you see one it's probably a good chance it's one of his. Maybe they're for the nanny, or the housekeeper, or the mistress, or whatever :innocent:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Friend of my parents has one. Lives in Bangor. Paid a ridiculous amount of money for it but suspect it’s worth a lot more now.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There are eight on Autotrader, priced about the same as they were new ten years ago (time flies!). That's about 20% lost to inflation. Though I guess some may have picked one up "cheap" in mid life. No idea what they actually sell for.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Just checked and yeah, nearly doubled their money lol