Once common cars that you don't see anymore

Dave..

RMS Regular
I remember trying really really hard to convince my dad to buy a Laguna 1 2.0 rt sport I thought it was class looking it had a boot spoiler, front splitter and alloys etc but he kept his clutch slipping scabby no radio orion for another few years 😩🤣
I bought a new green one and it had OZ alloys, bought from Francis Neil Motors in Annaghmore. Long time ago...

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
Haven't seen the pao there in a whie to be fair. One also used to park at the Grove Wellbeing Centre quite often, it was also beige so could be the very same one as I don't imagine there is many of them about over here.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
There's a few that have had K20's installed, there was one in Jonny Smith's Manchester show with a type R engine in it.
GSport over here put an accord K20 in one fairly recently too.

ger16v

RMS Regular
Drives
80,90's VW
It's the engine code for the 2 litre engine found in Civic type Rs, Accord Euro R's etc. If being pedantic a detuned version was found in the petrol CRV too.
thanks at least i learned something today, i admit i know absolutely nothing about jap cars just glanced at from afar
A mighty 2 litre v-tec yo produced in the first part 10 years of the millennium. There's more than one version of them though not just the cool high performance ones from the type r.
as above thanks

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
thanks at least i learned something today, i admit i know absolutely nothing about jap cars just glanced at from afar
You have much to look forward to discovering then :cool:

Legendary engines. The K20A and K20A2 were the performance engines as used in all sorts of "R" Hondas, like the EP3 Civic type R. Around 190bhp up to 225bhp at 8.5k rpm.

They were inline 4cyl naturally aspirated engines with Honda Vtec, a hydraulic cam-lift system that kicks in at around 4.5-5k rpm. Below that it's just a normal engine for pottering about, above it's a high lift full on race engine.

Apart from epic performance with high rpm and noise to die for they were also completely bullet proof. Any car used in any kind of racing will have had someone drop a K20 in one at some point.

There was a larger K24 version used in the Honda S2000 roadster, and equally epic.

The K20C is a turbo version still used right up to today in the FK2 and FK8 Civic type R.

Simpler versions of the Vtec system, and the basic K20 engine block, were also used in loads of more "normal" Hondas, like the Accord.

Next lesson in Jap awesomeness: 4G63T 😁

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
A VW phaeton passed me today but I was too slow for a picture, hadn’t seen one in years! Love those skyline rear lights.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There were never many of them but still, haven't seen one in a very long time.

Special cars those if you get one with the W engine, the Conti GT was basically built straight off them.

Most were the diesel 6 though weren't they?

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
IMG20211215095632.jpg
IMG20211215093810.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Last RWD Volvo :cool: Very popular with tuners and drifters and rallyists around Europe, not many nice ones left!