Opel Meriva 1.7 CDTI - 2 engine electronics and then Check engine failure lamp

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Banki94

Drives
Opel
Hello!

I have an Opel Meriva 1.7 CDTI (Z17DTH) car. My problem is the following...

When I go on motorway (rpm 2000-3000) after 20 or 30 minutes, the "engine electronics" failure lamp starts to light.
When I stop the engine this failure lamp stops to light. After I go on motorway for 20-30 minutes, the "engine electronics" failure lamp also starts to light and also stops to light when I stop the engine.
For the third try not the "engine electronics " failure lamp but the "check engine" (exhaust emission) failure lamp starts to light. When I reboot (restart) the engine this check engine failure lamp continuously lights.

For this check engine failure lamps belongs to a low turbo pressure failure message.

Mechanics changed the turbo pressure regulator, check the intercooler and all of vaccum tube.

I was on 2 different car service. One of this would change the all turbocharger, the other one doesn't know the solution, but wouldn't change the all turbo. because the car doesn't eat the oil, the power and consumption of the car is good and this mechanic check the variable-geometry and he sad it was good.

What should I have to do? Sorry for my basic english. I hope you will understand it.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
sounds to me like the catalytic convertor is blocked

i had a 17td van showing boost sensor fault but it wasn’t

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
More importantly, what are the fault codes ? And not from a cheap OBD scanner as they are often wrong and misleading.

A drive recording live data from the ecu would yield useful information too

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.