overboost help please +++sorted+++

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
well after getting the wrx i thought i,d hessitation but the more i drive it i think ive overboost how can i cure it it seems worse in first gear ...service just done but still there all hlep would be appreciated(y)

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
cant turn it down steve its bog standard no adjustment at all previous turbo,d cars have acted very similar just thats wot makes me think its it

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
Overboost in first gear?

Your car should hold more boost in 3rd, 4th and 5th than first... so if its a problem in first gear more than others, then its not over boost...

Most cars have torque limiters in first and second to stop them ripping the gearbox/flywheel out.

oldskoolkool

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots of Supras
well after getting the wrx i thought i,d hessitation but the more i drive it i think ive overboost how can i cure it it seems worse in first gear ...service just done but still there all hlep would be appreciated(y)

Sounds like
the Diaphram in the wastegate Actuator is fubar
the wastegate actuator rod is jammed
the Vac lines have splt/ came off the actuator
the boost control solenoid is jammed or the vac lines are split/popped off
Someone has fitted a bleedvalve and its set wrong

PS I thought stevie was answering his own questions there, until i read you topic starter half way down the page lol

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
ok will check all of these ..pipes all look ok tho i think its possibly the actuator ...no bleed valve to be found either ..is there any scooby mechanics that could sort this for me...local
Sounds like
the Diaphram in the wastegate Actuator is fubar
the wastegate actuator rod is jammed
the Vac lines have splt/ came off the actuator
the boost control solenoid is jammed or the vac lines are split/popped off
Someone has fitted a bleedvalve and its set wrong

PS I thought stevie was answering his own questions there, until i read you topic starter half way down the page lol

gsportcars

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus ISupra
Try taking your boost solenoid off and cleaning it with brake or carb cleaner. Just spray a little into it, give it a shake and then blow it out again. could be the soleniod sticking.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Where abouts gary

Ian Bishop , i think he means, theres a thread on here about him and on scoobyireland too,

usual suspects Ai Autosport, OMA, ECC, momentum, or get on over to ScoobyIreland and make friends with the boys over there, theres a LOT of knowledge for such a young forum (y)

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
Seems to pop up quite alot on the forums etc i hope its this ..deffo sumfin simple i reckon ...thanks for the help ,, i,l let yous know how i get on(y)
try taking your boost solenoid off and cleaning it with brake or carb cleaner. Just spray a little into it, give it a shake and then blow it out again. Could be the soleniod sticking.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
does it happen in every gear ferret? i know they are prone to it intermittently in 2nd gear due to noise emissions beleive it or not.

it can happen if u build up the revs to say 3k revs coming off a roundabout or to overtake and when if you floor it, it kinda feels like its running less boost until about 5k revs then it kicks hard again......mine did it when i first bought it,although never did if i accelerated from first gear was only when holding revs in 2nd a greddy electronic boost controller sorted it though.

either that or an aftermarket ecu if your planning on tuning it. Ive never had a boost issue since i had the apexi mapped now it spools really early and holds 21psi right through the revs

its kinda like a torque limiter as skiman has said only affects 2nd gear usually though......

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
would a remap sort the issue ???? or some octane booster ..wouldnt have thought it should be like that tho..... its more so in first burt rarely in second or third

toker

RMS Regular
if its over boosting it will hit the fuel cut at just over 1.1 bar and go on limp home mode and the engine light will come on and the car will not rev past 3000 rpm you would need to switch of the ing and on again to re set it.
scobbys are prone to vac pipe lecks that cause this

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
doesnt sound like wots happening toker tho coz its fresh in would it need the ecu reset to 97 ron?????? if so does anyone know the proceedure for this

Karlos S14a

RMS Regular
is the boost going above standard when ful throttle?? because this can happen when put in an aftermarket turbo elbow, or bigger intercooler.. hope you get her sorted, and get some pictures up

toker

RMS Regular
doesnt sound like wots happening toker tho coz its fresh in would it need the ecu reset to 97 ron?????? if so does anyone know the proceedure for this
as far as i know the only way is to remap it to suit the fuel but to be honest ive had 11 scubbys and run them all on 97 ron pump fuel and never had any probs driven hard or not just a very very little perforance diff
best man to speak to is scubby of scubbyireland from macrafelt he works with these cars and knows his stuff

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
scubbay and SMD did all the tuning work on my car and then andy mapped it, its never missed a beat Paul really knows his stuff and is a gentleman

If your planning on remapping, it can only be done on the standard ecu on 99> cars through ecutek, u can get and ESL chip on the earlier cars but for the same sort of money you could buy 2nd hand apexi for around £300-350 and get it mapped and its a stand alone jobby so u can always pull it out and sell it on again unlike a remap of the standard ecu, id say ur prob is most likely linked to the boost solenoid

are you looking more power from it? u can go to a safe 330-340bhp on the TD05 turbo with supporting mods it will make for a sharp car as they dont weigh much over 1200 kgs :grinning:

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
some usefull advice there guys thanks ..had a well known scooby buff in the car tonite seems i dont have overboost just fuel related leaness between 4 and 5k a map should sort this ..anyone got a 95 wrx ecu spare

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.