Painting Woes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
I've just spent the last 3 days sanding, priming and spraying some bits on the car. Yesterday I had everything sprayed and ready for the clear coat to be applied, but couldn't wait to have a shifty of how they would look on the car.

I know what your thinking, fitted the parts and damaged them somehow. Not the case at all. I just had them held in place roughely where they go and stood back to admire the handywork and everything looked great, even a perfect colour match so was well chuffed. I applied the clear coat to all the bits, hung them in the airing cupboard to dry and harden overnight. This morning took them out to the car and they are not the same colour anymore, they have darkened down a bit.:worried::worried::worried:

:relieved::relieved: I'm now stumped, what happened

The Colour is Ford Mistral Blue, shade #84. A pearlecent paint. Do I have to put a clear coat on as it was perfect before I applied it. Will teh paint on it's own be tough enough to cope with every day use, and car washing.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to cover all the bases for possible answers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.