Pandoras box- what tyre?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
New rider on a cbf600 I need a new front tyre. I currently have battlax t30 evo's which the previous rider squared off. Any recommendations. Im mainly pansying about but im sure a twist of the wrist will take my fancy the odd time.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
I am yeah, its not my main mode of transport but i would like a tyre that doesn't raise the white flag at the first sign of rain.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Try to match whatever's on the back. I like bridgestones.

clarkeg

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW S1000rr
I have Michelin road pilot 4's on my BMW S1000rr and couldn't fault them, good grip in wet and dry.

Clarke.

genman

G
T30evo is a good tyre...I have one on the rear of my zzr...I prefer the profile of it to the pilot road 4s I've had before.
Also if you aren't overly worried about mileage I find the pirelli Rosso 3 is a very capable tyre if pricey.
To be honest there aren't many bad tyres about these days.
Best touring tyre in recent reviews is the new metzeler 01 and having had the older Z8 model it's likely a great all round tyre.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
i swear by the pirelli diablo supercorsas, but that was a dry weather tyre for me in california, as someone said, the pirelli rosso is a very capable tyre. Dual compound gives hard wearing for decent mileage and excellent grip when you lean it in.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I am yeah, its not my main mode of transport but i would like a tyre that doesn't raise the white flag at the first sign of rain.

It's going to be hard to compare wet grip performance for the front tyre on a road bike anyway, with the nature of the surface always being unpredictable, the chance of light diesel spills you won't even see or smell, especially on corners.
You'll notice more of a difference in how they feel, tipping into corners and running along lines and seams in the Tarmac.

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
Pilot power 2CTs are good tyres. I ran them on road and track on the SV. Good in the damp and grip for miles once you get heat in them.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.