Parking & Enforcement Agency parking ticket?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AdamInNi

RMS Regular
Drives
2010 207 HDI
Has anyone had a parking ticket from these people? I'm not sure if these are one of the unenforceable ones or not. My girlfriend forgot to pay for her parking through the app but remembered to do it about 15 minutes later and they are looking for £100 which just seems downright ridiculous for 15 minutes of parking. I went onto the website to look at the ticket and they have pictures of her car but the pictures are all within a 3 minute window and the reason for issue on the ticket is "Failed to pay and display within 5 minutes of arrival." How can they prove this if they only have photographic evidence of 3 minutes?

The payment website is www.paymypcn.net which looks a bit dodgy to me and the Parking and Enforcement Agency website is peaparking.eu. I phoned the number on the website to question it but I received no answer and was just given another phone number which was automated and told me I needed to send an appeal in writing.

So basically what I'm asking is, is this one of the tickets that can be used as bog roll?

Thanks in advance!

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Which car park was it in? And was it the park mobile app she was using?

AdamInNi

RMS Regular
OP
AdamInNi
Drives
2010 207 HDI
Which car park was it in? And was it the park mobile app she was using?

Cromac Place Ormeau road. I think thats what she uses but I will find out for sure and update...

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Bin it never ring or enter any correspondence with those cnuts. my fine was running about 4 years and was near a grand lol. they can't do a single thing so please don't pay it and line these parasites pockets.
Cheers! You sure mate? Don't want her ending up in court or anything over it, lol

AdamInNi

RMS Regular
OP
AdamInNi
Drives
2010 207 HDI
She got back to me and said it is the Park Mobile app that she uses.

Cheers everyone, I'll keep doing my research as she is worried about being taken to court but I'm pretty confident they're just thievin *******s, lol

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Cromac Place Ormeau road. I think thats what she uses but I will find out for sure and update...

I only asked as I thought the park mobile app was generally only for council type car parks. I've no clue which ones are private up that way but hopefully it's just worthy of being put in the bin.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
PEA cannot enforce nor will they take you to court. a cnut I work with also works for them. he regularly brags about how they "intimidate" people to pay especially women. I told him I hope you give me a ticket I will gladly shove it up your hole where it belongs. they use bully tactics with threatening letters to extort money from people. they even called at my house in a pea van looking money, they had a copy of the letter and the fine was over 700 at that point. they were told to **** off. my "ticket" was issued because I stayed 5 minutes over a 2 hour restriction at a shopping centre.

AdamInNi

RMS Regular
OP
AdamInNi
Drives
2010 207 HDI
PEA cannot enforce nor will they take you to court. a cnut I work with also works for them. he regularly brags about how they "intimidate" people to pay especially women. I told him I hope you give me a ticket I will gladly shove it up your hole where it belongs. they use bully tactics with threatening letters to extort money from people. they even called at my house in a pea van looking money, they had a copy of the letter and the fine was over 700 at that point. they were told to **** off. my "ticket" was issued because I stayed 5 minutes over a 2 hour restriction at a shopping centre.

Cheers lad, I will personally wipe my hole with it then, lol. A girl in her work told her they took her to court over it but her colleagues seem to be the sort that have already experienced every imaginable situation so I call bull**** on it

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Can someone not once and for all shut these fu@kwits down ? It seems all they do is con people out of that they legally are not entitled too.
I don't know what's worse, these companies or the loan places advertised on day time TV

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Total bull unless you live in great Britain. not enforceable here in the north of Ireland. Google pea it makes for very interesting reading.
Cheers lad, I will personally wipe my hole with it then, lol. A girl in her work told her they took her to court over it but her colleagues seem to be the sort that have already experienced every imaginable situation so I call bull**** on it

AdamInNi

RMS Regular
OP
AdamInNi
Drives
2010 207 HDI
Total bull unless you live in great Britain. not enforceable here in the north of Ireland. Google pea it makes for very interesting reading.

A quick search through google has shown them to be a load of con men. These private companies ought to be shut down. If it wasn't for me saying to my girlfriend about private companies not being able to give tickets as far as I was aware, then she would've just paid it without questioning it. I'm guessing thats how they get their money. They just prey on people who don't know about this sorta thing :/

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
A quick search through google has shown them to be a load of con men. These private companies ought to be shut down. If it wasn't for me saying to my girlfriend about private companies not being able to give tickets as far as I was aware, then she would've just paid it without questioning it. I'm guessing thats how they get their money. They just prey on people who don't know about this sorta thing :/
In a nutshell yes. I got one years ago and paid it. I'm still undecided if I should or not but my reason for doing so was all sorts of stories of them torturing you with threatening letters leading to callers at your home, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle but was pretty pissed about the whole thing.
It's just wrong !

AdamInNi

RMS Regular
OP
AdamInNi
Drives
2010 207 HDI
In a nutshell yes. I got one years ago and paid it. I'm still undecided if I should or not but my reason for doing so was all sorts of stories of them torturing you with threatening letters leading to callers at your home, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle but was pretty pissed about the whole thing.
It's just wrong !

Cheers mate, I'm not going to tell her not to pay it, I'll just present her with the information I've been given in this thread and information I found online and let her make her own decision. That way I can't go into her bad books if they call at the door, lol

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
If she uses the park mobile app then it's a car park monitored by proper traffic wardens? done the same (forgot to click start) and had to pay.
On the other hand if it's a Mickey mouse pcn you don't need to pay although you will receive about 5 demand letters

AdamInNi

RMS Regular
OP
AdamInNi
Drives
2010 207 HDI
If she uses the park mobile app then it's a car park monitored by proper traffic wardens? done the same (forgot to click start) and had to pay.
On the other hand if it's a Mickey mouse pcn you don't need to pay although you will receive about 5 demand letters

It says PCN at the top of the ticket and the ticket itself looks incredibly Mickey Mouse as does their payment website so I'll tell her to feel free to ignore it.

thanks so much everyone for the help! If anyone else wants to add on their 2 cents then please do feel free!

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
its worth bearing in mind that according to what others are saying, she could be in line for years of torment, threatening letters, intimidating visits in person demanding money and threatening court action etc etc etc etc,....sounds pleasant. Also bear in mind that she is the one that will have to deal with the consequences of your advice. I'm not saying to pay it, i'm just saying to consider that throwing it in the bin won't make the problem disappear for her.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
The parents have got one of these now from the debt collection agency (2nd letter) aafter I binned the first. They are looking to pay it now. Has anyone got a legal standpoint as to how to get rid of them. Dads main concern is being black listed.

It's a private company.

RoniN

RMS Regular

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
The parents have got one of these now from the debt collection agency (2nd letter) aafter I binned the first. They are looking to pay it now. Has anyone got a legal standpoint as to how to get rid of them. Dads main concern is being black listed.

It's a private company.

If it's mainly concern about his credit record etc then the following is something I posted in a similar thread a while back. Albeit I don't think it was the same company or scenario involved, but is a general rule of how things like this should go from fine -> debt -> credit file.

I think that is used as a major scare tactic (and appears to have worked in fairness). Especially if they put a statement like "Failure to reply could result in judgement against you and difficulty in obtaining credit in future bla bla"

For that to happen they would have to file an actual claim against you in court whereby you could then chose to pay or defend your case AND THEN you would have to lose in court AND ALSO not pay the judgement within 28 days (if you pay it within the 28 days it's counted as 'settled' and should not appear on your credit file). That's a fair few more steps before it could make its way to your credit file.

It's very unlikely they'd take it to court but at least you know if they did then you'd have an opportunity to intervene at an early stage (as you would be notified).

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Good read that money saving expert page. I wonder where I can get Clandeboye retail park's number. Doesn't appear on the web or at least not in my searching.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
No need to ring anyone. Bin it and forget. Job done. If they send another 10 letters? Bin them too.

Unless it's an actual authority - as in, the DVA/PSNI - none of these parking 'enforcement' agencies have any legal power whatsoever. They are a profit-chasing business, nothing more. They rely solely on fear mongering tactics (pictures of the scales of justice to suggest legal power, threatening text, etc) but they have no more power to extort money from you than your neighbour does.

The moment you engage with them by replying, responding or enquiring, they have you hooked and will pursue. The key is to ignore them. Do not engage in any shape or form. Don't even go to the retail park management. I had 7 letters from one, they gave up in the end.

In England and Wales, they can pursue the keeper of a car using the Protection of Freedoms act, thus holding them responsible for unpaid fine. They usually only do this when they have actually been able to identify the driver, so the number of instances where they actually pursue it to court are only a fraction of the total number of tickets issued. In Scotland and Northern Ireland, the POFA act does not apply and there is no independent appeals service available to the parking companies. Thus the legislation makes it extremely difficult for them to hound anyone to court - the only way they will do so is if they are able to identify who was the driver of the car at the time, and that can only be done if you put your foot in it and reply to them. They purchase your details from the DVA but that only identifies you as the keeper so they can send you a letter.

If this was a typical parking ticket from a traffic warden because you were on double yellows, I'd advise you to pay the fine because you clearly broached the law and they have the means to pursue you. But overstaying in a retail car park for a few minutes and then being 'fined' £100 for doing so? You didn't enter into any contract with the car park or broach any parking laws on the public highway, so it's daylight robbery and a massive con in my opinion. I also think it's a highly stupid move on the part of the retail management park; people who overstay are likely doing so because they're spending money in those shops, and by fining them for that they're less likely to come back.

**** them, and **** their parking tickets. Ignore them.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Done some digging and found the owner of the retail park and the operator. Using money saving expert advice as above I called the owners and made a complaint without admitting who was driving. It's Smart parking who are registered in Scotland and GB. I just hope now I can convince the parents to bin it and keep binning it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.