Parrot

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Is a Parrot handsfree kit compatable with any car?

Dads birthday on the 1st and he drives a new Astra with a standard head unit

Will the parrot work with it??

How hard are they to install?

Jmax

RMS Regular
yea they are compatable with any car and are easy to install (just need the right iso connection akfaik)

GJD

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
You just need a wiring adaptor kit so it mutes the head unit!!

These guys fitted mine as part of a CPW deal and did a really tidy job, they are mobile and will fit it at home or work!;)
Might be worth a call for supplying the Parrot and fitting!

Car Communications
028 80757391

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
All that is required is an Astra SOT lead (Sound On Top) and the standard Parrot system. Installation is simple, but best left to the pros for a damage-free fit!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
I was told today that the parrots give the astra problems?? like the car thinks its getting its head unit stolen and shuts the car down when you get a call?

prob talking crap!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I used to work at the Vauxhall factory in Luton. My Boss (a middle aged woman) always feared cellular signal and never allowed non-vauxhall approved gear to be fitted to any of the fleet. I oversaw the installation of over 5000 car kits to Vauxhall cars and have never experienced one problem when the phone kit has been installed properly.
What may have happened is that a fitting lead is faulty, and the autolead or parrot lead has disconnected the alarm-link wire or can-bus wiring due to faulty installation or product and someone has reported this as COMMON!
In the last year, I have installed dozens of parrots, mainly to new model Astra and Vectra and have yet to experience one slight problem.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
don't know probably the £100 one or the colour £130 one

what do you recommend?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
the CK3100 every time. The colour screen looks cool, agreed, but it isn't as easy to read as the plain LCD.

ARN

RMS Regular
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
Wouldn't advise the satnav/handfree kit boydie, had a few people in saying that it is naf, and a good few people who have the 310D have bought the parrot kit because of the poor sound quality.
Would buy the parrot kit over a sat nav/hands free kit any day.

rlavery99

RMS Regular
I use the Garmin 660 as my handsfree, I find it can have an echo sometimes then other times its great, it seems to depend on who is on the other end of the line.
Boydie if you go ahead with the 310D give me a shout when we're back in uni and i'll give you a few updates for the Garmin that i have on the laptop.

Ronan

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
sweet ronan thanks :laughing: good to see you aboard!

ARN - garmin was purchased :worried: looks a good wee unit but i am sure it can be returned if the quality is indeed crap!

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
quality on the garmin is good for a basic handsfree, if you get echo its sually a result of the volume being up full in most cases... just turn it down a notch or 2 and it`ll be grand :grinning:

good amount of detail on the garmin unit inc POI numbers etc. and on certain phones when paired you can even read txt messages on the unit

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Dad got the unit today and I set it up for him. I was allowed to take it with me on a trip to Warringstown from Coleraine so gave it a blast.

This is my first experience of satnav and its a great wee unit. very clear, easy to use and follow. the handsfree is perfect, i could hear everything cleary and they could hear me.

A good unit - very happy!

rlavery99

RMS Regular
Nice 1, it'll probably need a software update though, but they're free from Garmin.co.uk and when you update you can get a few bonus bits like new vehicles for the maps etc.

rlavery99

RMS Regular
Yeah, in the library atm. Will be here tomorrow too, meeting Fintec at 10 to do some revision if you wanna join us?

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
yea they are compatable with any car and are easy to install (just need the right iso connection akfaik)

I'm having a lot of trouble getting an SOT lead for an 06 land cruiser, the autoleads cable provided by SIM has the wrong connections. Anyone able to help?

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
i probably have one in work,

although i had to hard wire one today, but i`m not sure on what year it was.

Dan

RMS Regular
Does anybody know how to erase the phone pairings with the parrot kit (basic model) i have 3 phones paired to it and my new phone wont pair. also the menus dont seem to want to access. thanks

R1CKY

RMS Regular
we have fited a load of the ck3100 parrott kits no problems and is good set up. As the other mentioned make sure you get the right iso connection. Try www.fonejuice.co.uk they are quite cheap there and you get free delivery as far as i can remember. Amazon also has some for sale.

R1CKY

RMS Regular
Does anybody know how to erase the phone pairings with the parrot kit (basic model) i have 3 phones paired to it and my new phone wont pair. also the menus dont seem to want to access. thanks

There are few different ways of sorting it. First thing you need to check is does you parrott kit say goodbye when you switch the car off??

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
turn on the kit, then press and hold both the red and green buttons for about 5 seconds, it will say "memory erasing in progress"

thats it wiped then re pair the phones you wanna use

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.