Petes 636 Ninja - New swingarm time!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
When you've spent your whole life learning that wet = slippy, its a bit hard to learn any different, especially when your flat out and its your own arse on the line.
But like you say its mind games with yourself, confidence grows and grows. First time I went out on wets I still didnt have much faith in them, but by the end I realised that it was just like riding in the dry. A bit more squiming under power, but I could lean the bike right over and she stuck like glue.

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
When you've spent your whole life learning that wet = slippy, its a bit hard to learn any different, especially when your flat out and its your own arse on the line.
But like you say its mind games with yourself, confidence grows and grows. First time I went out on wets I still didnt have much faith in them, but by the end I realised that it was just like riding in the dry. A bit more squiming under power, but I could lean the bike right over and she stuck like glue.

Sounds like you should be out at kirki too!

Hopefully out again in august, twice if ive the cash, and itll be dry and ill be able to nail it round to get some definitive lap times!

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
I would, but they wouldnt let me out on the supermoto because of the noise. My mate tried one before, was hillarious watching him out-corner everything, but he got pulled in and they gave him his money back because they had no decibel meter but said it was too nosiy.
To be honest we were at colonial, and could hear him at the hairpin, so probably was a bit noisy.
Ive been trying to talk him into going halfers on a track bike. Gumtree is the root of all evil!! lol
What dates are you out in August? Ill maybe get a scoot over for a nosey, hopefully have my bike test finished by then.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Oooo kirky in the wet how fun, remember racing the mini Motos on it. Unlucky about the drop man but atleast you jumped straight back on.

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
A little update on this.......................

The bike went all lambo on me a went up in a glorious fireball. Rider behind me said it was about 6ft tall but my only knowledge of it was a toasty warm feeling and black scorch marks from my boots right up to my helmet. (Fun job cleaning that off)

Not much left ..

2011-09-18%2016.58.29.jpg

2011-09-18%2017.48.55.jpg

Joys.

Anywhoo. New zx6r arrived this week yey. Just in time for the last track day next week!

314605_10150427362822790_507152789_10192513_1047734469_n.jpg

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Electrical apparenty, the rectifier is just under the seat as is more or less the entire loom and ECU wiring. Will never really know though as the evidence all burnt away :worried:

This happened mid sept so been dying to get back out (n)

chrisQ

RMS Regular
That quack was a good lookin bike souleh before fire, seen you at kirky a few times. Is it fixable? Me is looking a track bike

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Nah man gone and all. Frame was too badly heated and would cost more to fix than its worth in trackbike terms.

The newer 6r has a better head (effectively the kit head for my old bike) and a slipper clutch so already up a bit and ive got spare wheels too.

Just need brakes/exhaust/toys to finish it!

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Doubt it this year dude but hoping for next year. Will see how things pan out though. Prob do my race license anyway (y) :grinning:

Cant afford to run a control tyre and full supersport bike alongside being a student bum. On my final year now and got a contract under my belly but just gotta wait til ive got more time and money!

You coming down to kirki next week? (y)

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Yeah, its not cheap. Think i'll be going pre inj, or pre '97s if I switch. Gonna be at the supermoto for at least another year though. Maybe do my race licence too, just incase :p
Ill maybe head down and watch, have to see how hungover I am, halloween weekend and all that. Dont want to go on track again until I get something that I dont mind crashing.

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Yep! I cant wait to get this out as the fear shouldnt be there as with dropping your ride home etc.

Ive got rearsets and just need a set of clip ons now (Along with other toys :laughing:)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Jeepers, hectic about the fire.

Were you able to get the plate off it? Loving the 2 consecutive numbers.

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
I never asked for it, not sure if I still could now. Was a nice plate indeed (y)

Few better pics

Will hopefully be out on it on sunday for its first shake down run on the track before the new parts start getting thrown onto it!

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Nice track bike there mate, htr, who done your carbon wrapping souleh at top of screen? Wouldnt mind getting the same bits done on my r6.

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Did it myself dude, wee bit of heat and its soft as silk to wrap round anything

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Id love a QS! Need to decide if i want to use standard shift or try gp setup... worried ill fire it down a cog at full pelt tho lol

fiestasi

RMS Regular
Well as i said over on nibikers i hope you have all the best of luck with this and don't do what i did lol

I must get those documents gathered up for you at some stage. lol

fiestasi

RMS Regular
Unfortunately not, that was the first C1H that I owned. Sold it after a years ownership, then bought the one you have a year later. Nice bikes with plenty of go. Should have another one sorted shortly, well not another zx6.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.