Petrol Estate - sub £1k

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Folks, bit of a long shot, I'm putting the feelers out as I'm thinking of purchasing a petrol estate for farting about in, so I can properly tinker with the Golf. I like the idea of an estate for the practicality.

Now I know the best answer is to pop across the water & pick one up. Never done that, and I'd be weary of picking up a pup or wasting a flight over.

I'd be looking along the lines of an A4 Avant, B5 Passat, 3 series Touring, and possibly an Octavia.

Anyone any suggestions?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I got my Galant estate for less than that mate. 2002 2.5 v6, 80k miles, FSH, fully loaded and plenty of change from a grand. If you're going petrol you'll have plenty of choice, you just need to be pretty quick about viewing as they do get snapped up pretty quickly.

Reactions: dub

wes

RMS Regular
Yes due to circumstances with upgrading our main car (uh hum wife says) i will be mot'ing and shifting the volvo v40 t4, which is a great wee motor and plenty of power on tap, full electrics,full leather heat front seats sunroof, air con, its due mot in september. Im taking the wife and kids away this week for a couple of days then will be getting it mot'd. If interested fore me a pm sure. It'll be less than budget too

Attachments

• 20150621_150629.jpg
    20150621_150629.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 206

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Mate has a 4x4 1.8t Octavian estate for sale don't think he's looking a massive amount of Money for it

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon
I got my Galant estate for less than that mate. 2002 2.5 v6, 80k miles, FSH, fully loaded and plenty of change from a grand. If you're going petrol you'll have plenty of choice, you just need to be pretty quick about viewing as they do get snapped up pretty quickly.

Did you pick that up over here? I remember either seeing it one day or reading a thread you had up on it. See I thought that a petrol estate would be more difficult to find, maybe I keep missing them!

Yes due to circumstances with upgrading our main car (uh hum wife says) i will be mot'ing and shifting the volvo v40 t4, which is a great wee motor and plenty of power on tap, full electrics,full leather heat front seats sunroof, air con, its due mot in september. Im taking the wife and kids away this week for a couple of days then will be getting it mot'd. If interested fore me a pm sure. It'll be less than budget too

A Volvo hadn't really came up on my radar, I'll consider it & PM you.

Mate has a 4x4 1.8t Octavian estate for sale don't think he's looking a massive amount of Money for it

Anymore details buddy?

Reactions: wes

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Did you pick that up over here? I remember either seeing it one day or reading a thread you had up on it. See I thought that a petrol estate would be more difficult to find, maybe I keep missing them!

It was local and for sale for all of 30 seconds before I rang about it lol

Like vans, good estates seem to go quickly and I missed out on a few. You can't really fanny about too much. It was a great big wagon and a bargain too.

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon
It was local and for sale for all of 30 seconds before I rang about it lol

Like vans, good estates seem to go quickly and I missed out on a few. You can't really fanny about too much. It was a great big wagon and a bargain too.

Haha those sales are the best, almost as good the Golf :laughing:

I've got alerts setup on Gumtree/eBay etc, plus it's finding something you yourself actually want.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Aye there is a lot of parcels out there so getting a clean one can be difficult enough too. Must have looked at half a dozen before finding one that hadn't been used as either a builders van or a dog carrier.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
If you want a drive/look round a E46 give me a shout. It's not an estate but you'll get the idea.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
The brother still has his omega estate for sale. Will have a year's mot , 4 recent new tyres, recaros, mv6 wheels. Real nice big bus, but it's an auto which was what was putting people off. He got pissed off with gumtree spa's texting him at 2 in the morning so removed the ad. New timing belt and tensioner's etc with it too but they'd need fitted. Should have plenty of change out of your 1000 too.

@big-lew18 had a nosey round it iirc.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I was actually thinking about this again the other week. Pretty decent big bus. And looks snazzy too. I thought it would have been long gone by now. Auto is the only thing put me off in the end

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon

It's an Auto? Plus the owner states the rattle, which could be bad. Not really up on BMW stuff for tinkering.

The brother still has his omega estate for sale. Will have a year's mot , 4 recent new tyres, recaros, mv6 wheels. Real nice big bus, but it's an auto which was what was putting people off. He got pissed off with gumtree spa's texting him at 2 in the morning so removed the ad. New timing belt and tensioner's etc with it too but they'd need fitted. Should have plenty of change out of your 1000 too.

@big-lew18 had a nosey round it iirc.

I was actually thinking about this again the other week. Pretty decent big bus. And looks snazzy too. I thought it would have been long gone by now. Auto is the only thing put me off in the end

As @big-lew18 says, the auto would bother me too. Not really in the market for one.

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon
Anymore thoughts folks? I've seen 1.8t Passats over the water but I'm really pensive to do that. Would you budget £250-£300 to get over & back? Never done it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.