Peugeot 106 (56k enjoy the wait)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jmax

RMS Regular
Was bored today so decided to give my 106 a quick going over only spent about 3hours on it (plus it gave me the chance to try out some of my latest purchases).

The condition of the paint wasn’t too bad, as I had previously pc’d it, so all it needed was a quick wash and wax.

Here are some before pics:

01.jpg

02.jpg

The wheels were particurlary bad, mainly due to the road conditions around where I live

03.jpg

So once I had accessed what needed done out came the new wash mitt and washed off the dirt using zip wax (as I haven’t got around to buying a better product yet)

06.jpg

08.jpg

Heres a few pics to show the beading prior to drying the car

11.jpg

18.jpg

The wheels were also done using a microfibre wash mitt

13.jpg

12.jpg

After drying off with an Autoglym Aqua-Dry Towel, I took a few more photos to show the reflections

27.jpg

41.jpg

29.jpg

45.jpg

After this I then moved the car into the garage as it just started to rain:

96.jpg

At this I then applied Poorboys Nattys Wax to one panel at a time using a polishing sponge and removed it using a microfibre towel.

Heres a few pics to show the reflections once this had been done.

66.jpg

106.jpg

103.jpg

And then I moved onto dressing the tyres and again I tried one of my new products, Poorboys Bold + Bright which I applied using a Foam applicator pad.

88.jpg

And at that I decided it was enough work for the day, I was pleased with the out come for spending such little time on the car and for my first time using some of the products and trying the wash mitts.

Finished Pics

117.jpg

122.jpg

126.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
You love that camera too much :p

Ya done a good job of the wee Pug too (y)

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
You must be bored :p

With my red 106 I was never fussed on waxing it etc

But with a dark car its so much more rewarding spend that extra while giving it a wax to get brilliant reflections

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
lol cheers for the comments

@ rik - if you had of taken the time on your 106 you'd probably have been supprised how well it would have came up

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
I did spend time with it but at the time I just couldn't fork out and also didn't have the knowledge of good products

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Rik106/?action=view&current=Picture16439.jpg

Your boot has a good reflection

I'm using harly's wax atm and I think its great, but might try this natty's stuff out, I've been told their very much the same

Doing a panel at a time with a microfibre towel is the only way for it, if it cakes on its 3 times harder to get off

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
yea but wait until you get to drying the car by laying the drying towel flat then patting it down so not to produce swirl marks ;)

Paul W

RMS Regular
looking clean indeed(y) , went through the same process today myself, gotta love the wax

Ruth

RMS Regular
Jmax said:
yea but wait until you get to drying the car by laying the drying towel flat then patting it down so not to produce swirl marks ;)

Lol someones been brainwashed ;) It looks superb john, your just using the nattys and not the nattys blue, right?

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Still hate the wheels John, let the car down hugely, also the zest stickers.

Looking well with the rest though!!! Do you remove dents? :p my new purchase needs some TLC...

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
R6TH M said:
Lol someones been brainwashed ;) It looks superb john, your just using the nattys and not the nattys blue, right?

yea just the clear stuff ;)

Ruth

RMS Regular
does the job on lighter cars but smells no where near as good sadly:worried:

Martyn

RMS Regular
Looks brill John......

You could now be classed as a super detailing nutter!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
nice bucket :p

i got some nattys blue there last week - didnt get round to putting it on the car at the weekend unfrotunately - hopefully this weekend though!

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
Nice transformation, are u using one bucket or 2?

Also, DONT use the meguiars wash mitt on your wheels, itll fall apart, mine did.

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
Moddie said:
Nice transformation, are u using one bucket or 2?

Also, DONT use the meguiars wash mitt on your wheels, itll fall apart, mine did.

just the one bucket, and im using the microfibre mitt on the rims ;)

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
Steve VTi said:
You need to get out more sir ;)

Who said you couldn't polish a .................... sorry got carried away there ^o)

lol you love it stevie

watsy106

RMS Regular
looks well mate can't beat a good clean car.
just out of intrest wat type are those rear lights liking them alot.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.