pit bike

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Anybody own or did own a speed mini 125 want to know are they reliable robust wee pit bike as I'm thinking of buying one,its not new.

warren

RMS Photographer
If that's one of the cheap Chinese pit bikes it will probably be pretty poor quality. I owned one of the mini moto dirt bikes and it broke something very frequently. Just the only saving grace is that the parts are very cheap. Fantastic fun when they work!

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
If that's one of the cheap Chinese pit bikes it will probably be pretty poor quality. I owned one of the mini moto dirt bikes and it broke something very frequently. Just the only saving grace is that the parts are very cheap. Fantastic fun when they work!
It is says it's sdg speed mini if that means anymore?

warren

RMS Photographer
From a quick google it certainly looks like one of the Chinese ones. It will work most of the time, but just make sure everything is tight etc before each ride. The vibrations of them will make short work of anything loose! I had my mini moto for a good few years, which granted the majority of it had been replaced over that time but the fun for the cost is fantastic.

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
It's been checked over got new tubes tyre on rear,chain,grips,brake levers and serviced and carb cleaned out,he's askin £240,what you think?

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
I would never buy a pitbike again... for the money youl end up putting into it, why not get a yz125 or the likes.... I couldnt tell you the amount of bolts that went missing, ripped bolts out of the rear wheel hub, throttle cables, snapped chains. i got sick and sold it. two weeks later the engine blew.

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
I would never buy a pitbike again... for the money youl end up putting into it, why not get a yz125 or the likes.... I couldnt tell you the amount of bolts that went missing, ripped bolts out of the rear wheel hub, throttle cables, snapped chains. i got sick and sold it. two weeks later the engine blew.
Doesn't sound good then,ive never owned 1,there not reliable by any means then

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
Not in the slightest. Honestly, pick yourself up a 125. far more fun to be had. I always serviced my wee pitbike nearly every time i was out on it and it still cost a fortune lol . They just cant handle the abuse bigger bikes can. a 125 will also look a bit cooler in front of your mates :p

warren

RMS Photographer
I would not for £240. Probably find they don't cost much more new! But yeah as said get yourself a road legal scrambler like a DT125, cant imagine they cost too much these days! Then you can drive it places too :laughing:

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
I have a 1980 Dr400 suzuki plenty of craic on it,just never owned a pit bike and always wanted 1 to put in back of car/van handy to scoot about on

MarcVtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Integra Ty
They're the biggest load of balls, ok when your 14 but you'd be as well getting a 125 2 stroke. Pitbikes are cheap Chinese muck lol

Ollie

RMS Regular
I picked up a stomp cheap. A lot of care free craic for the money. Only thing it's needed is levers from coming off it lol and it gets a lot of abuse.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434578698.366633.jpg

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
Yeah a 140 superstomp whatever that means lol. One of those things you pull out of the shed when you're bored and fills an afternoon rightly.
Prefer the stomp. Perfect way for putting an afternoon in.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.