plastic restoring?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

lee-r33

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 Skyline
whats the best stuff to use that can be picked up from say halfords for restoring plastics that have gone a grey/blue colour? dont want to just shine them up am looking a more permenant fix.

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
A heat gun, warm them up gently and they will start to go black again, dont melt the plastic tho!

lee-r33

RMS Regular
OP
lee-r33
Drives
R33 Skyline
im def not painting them lol dont think dad would be too impressed. not so sure on the heat gun thing either

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Try black liquid shoe polish, otherwise the blow torch works wonders...

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
CarPlans's Black trim wax was the best i found, took a while to apply but lasted for ages.

Jimbo

RMS Regular
Drives
c4 vtr+/mgzr/cor
auto glyms vinyl conditioner i use but never actually had dis-coloured trim so it must work.but don,t know if it actually restores it.

lee-r33

RMS Regular
OP
lee-r33
Drives
R33 Skyline
used meguiars trim detailer seems to have done the job well will let you all know in a week or so lol

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
There's acres of black plastic on the Mi16, and there's alot of old polish welded into it. Not easy stuff to shift at all. Would the heatgun help?

brisa

RMS Regular
Drives
eunos roadster \
Pencil rubber will shift the old polish on it. Heatgun just brings them back to black like on corsas etc

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Pencil rubber will shift the old polish on it. Heatgun just brings them back to black like on corsas etc

Tried the pencil rubber already and it won't budge it. I'm thinking super hot soapy water and a hard nailbrush might work

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.